**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again all.

So this time, the decals were printed on clear paper and they went on OK. Oddly, the yellow B mask came out wider than the black surround. But I remember now that I stretched the mask file a tad to square up the B but I must have forgot to do the same to the decal. Aw heck, it'll do. The 9X and W. Nr. came out OK though. Oh, God look at those spiders.....maybe I'll go over this stuff with the 76 a bit.

23090601.jpg

23090602.jpg
23090604.jpg

Finally, the victory tally. Remarkably, I had an old Eduard decal that suited the style right down to the 9 RAF and 1 Soviet kills per the actual bird. However the strike-throughs are not there but I can live with that.

23090603.jpg
9W+BO Still from Movie 3.jpg

So I may get this model done after all. Will need to get some steady hours in so we'll see how it goes.

Well done Andy, and my God, what a squiggle pattern to try and copy...!

As for the decals, you could brush paint the Yellow overlap in 76, and for the strike throughs cut some thin black decal into lengths and apply them over the kill markings.

Fiddly bits. The beam approach antenna which was moulded into one of the fuselage halves suffered an early mortality (intentional) and needed to be replaced. It looked a bit clunky anyway. Here's how the area looked before I laid my mitts on it:

23090702.jpg

Holes drilled, small diameter plastic rod posts added, and lead wire glued on to round it all out. Also visible are the antenna for the FuG-25 IFF made of stretched sprue and the kit ladder.

23090703.jpg

More fiddly stuff forward, all kit parts. There's also been a wash applied - home made mix of pastel powder, water, and dish detergent.

23090704.jpg

Yet more fiddlies - the mass balances and radio altimeter antennae.

23090705.jpg

With all that done, a flat coat was applied and the canopy masks peeled off. Happy to see that no paint got on the inside of the glazing through the rear gun opening. A bit of touch-up on some of the frames will be needed.

23090706.jpg
23090701.jpg

My mission for today, if I chose to accept it, is to somehow get the radar antennae stuck on. These have minimal attachment details and need to be lined up perfectly which will be a challenge since they are both delicate and unwieldy. Much cursing is anticipated. Hopefully you'll see them stuck on the next time I'm on here. Thanks for watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back