**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Ki-61-Id TONY- WW2 PTO V

Decaling the other side tonight, so far so good! This side is slightly higher than the other side so will need some green touch up above the blue stripe.
 

Attachments

  • 20230826_213157.jpg
    20230826_213157.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 87
This afternoon while waiting for side decals to dry I did the main landing gear doors. Once again Tamiya decals are right color and fit perfectly without cutting.
 

Attachments

  • 20230827_152324.jpg
    20230827_152324.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
Thanks but Tamiya is making it easy with this one! I used the leading edge decals as the yellow looked correct and better than any paint that I had. They fit perfectly and rolled around the leading edge nicely. They even have removed the carrier film where the landing light is so the clear plastic remains crystal clear! I will just need to figure a way to cover it before final clear coat to keep it that way.
 

Attachments

  • 20230828_200215.jpg
    20230828_200215.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 85
Working on a few details, added brake lines to the main gear and painted the Eduard brassin tires. With the macro zoomed in I can see some touch up is still needed. Also finished the prop and spinner with Mr Color propeller color.
 

Attachments

  • 20230831_212834.jpg
    20230831_212834.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230831_212847.jpg
    20230831_212847.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 86
Decals done, I gave it an overall spray of Tamiya semi gloss spray then mixed up a batch of my weathering wash, made of a mix of black, white and red brown tempra paint, a couple of drops of Dawn dishwashing soap and a little water. I brushed it overall the model. When dry I will take a damp paper towel and rub off most of the mixture, leaving it in the panel lines.
 

Attachments

  • 20230906_210833.jpg
    20230906_210833.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230906_211332.jpg
    20230906_211332.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back