**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 Douglas TBD-1A Floatplane – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks gents for all those kind comments. Not much to report really, it's been a couple of days fiddling with preparation for painting. I have to say that this Great Wall kit has a lot of little detail bits for the cockpit and coupling this with the PE they provide and that which I purchased separately, I've a lot of bits to fit into the cockpit and gunners pod. Anyway, a few pics to be going on with.

20240209 1.JPG

20240209 2.JPG

20240209 3.JPG

I realise looking at this pic that the fire extinguisher should be a gloss red, so I'll do that tomorrow before detailing. You can also see from this how detailed the moulds are in this kit, my only criticism is in the density in which the small detail parts are cramped. It was very hard to cut many of these out to avoid damage.
20240209 4.JPG

:D

Many thanks for the encouraging comments guy's. I've managed to get some detail together within the cockpit but first up, have any of you used the Kelik 3D decal seat harnesses! I found that they have no flexibility and just snapped when I tried to bend them over the seat back as per instructions.
20240209 6.jpg

I also have the dollies finished as far as I can, they need joining together to make one unit but I'm unable to do this until I know the placings and distance apart of the floats.
20240212 1.JPG

20240212 2.JPG

As for the cockpit, I have a number of parts almost finished save for a couple of knobs and handles, then it will be weathering and wear before assembly. Here the Kelik 3D decals came into their own, couple this with a few extra PE parts which included the kit provided seat belts and harnesses painted up a nice stone colour thanks to "Masters of the Air" and the whole thing is beginning to take shape.
20240212 3.JPG

20240212 4.JPG

20240212 5.JPG

20240212 6.JPG

20240212 7.JPG

20240212 8.JPG

20240212 9.JPG

That's it folks. It's evening here and time to wind up for the day, so if your just starting your Monday or still seeing out the renaming hours of Sunday, have a good one. :thumbright: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back