**** DONE: MiG 21 PF 'Fishbed D', Moscow District PVO Aviation Fighter Regiment, 1967

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"The Pigeons only walk in April. Francois has a new bike" That ends the Messages Personal from the BBC......
EDIT: Crossing posts. Thanks Karl. How's the job going?

You could probably live in that Hercules! I was trying to get one of those about a year ago, but's now replaced with the current version.
Anyway, the front and rear fuselage sections have now been joined, with the jet-pipe installed and painted. The wings are assembled, and the fuselage spine and fin are attached. Just need to do a small amount of work to seal some of the joints, then add all the various intakes etc at the rear, before fitting the wings and tailplanes. Then it's time for the first stage of painting!
PIC 1. Front and rear fuselage joined. One build I read recently complained about the vertical joint but, so far, I don't see a problem, as it's on a natural panel line, and fairly neat. It does need slight attention, but I think a treatment with my varnish and talc 'porridge' should sort things!
PIC 2. Now starting to look like a MiG, with the spine and the later, broad-chord fin in place.
Thanks again for your kind comments, and I'll post some more soon.

Attachments

• MiG 21 070.jpg
    MiG 21 070.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 100
  • MiG 21 073.jpg
    MiG 21 073.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 116
Thanks very much guys. Seems quick, but it's taken over two weeks to get this far, and there's not that many parts to assemble, before the landing gear, flaps and pylons etc. The painting will take time though, as it's going to be in the 'silver' finish, which isn't natural metal, so could be a bit tricky to get the right effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back