**** DONE: Mig-17F 'Fresco' NVAF Vietnam 1968

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Tony, shame about the weight, it's a problem we've all faced at some time or other. Maybe you can tuck a bit of lead at the bottom of the cockpit or into the nose wheel housing.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

I have had no luck getting rid of the marks on the canopy.I've tried polish,windex,non-acetone nail polish remover and it still looks the same.
Does anyone make a vacuform canopy for either a Mig 15 or 17? I can only find one for 1/32.
Cheers,
Tony.

not sure about a vac-form canopy - maybe Hannant's or Squadron might have one listed? But, polishing alone won't clear the problem, it'll need light sanding with a fine wet and dry, then polishing and dipping in Future(Klear).

I solved the tail-sitter problem!:D:D:D

p1080380.jpg

I got some small lead weights,squashed them almost flat and placed them thru the front of the nose securing them with blu-tac and she stands perfect now.8)
I have re-done the dark green camo as the old one had too many jagged lines rather than curvy.I also thought there wasn't enough dark green coverage.
All decals are on though they are very thin and the darker green shows thru in some places :(
Just need to finish that damned canopy and I'm done.
Cheers,
Tony.

Well,good news and bad news.
Good news is that the Mig is finished :D
Bad news is that I wasn't able to get all the marks/scratches off the canopy so I'm pissed about that.:(
The weather has been rubbish here the past 2 days,cold and overcast.I'm waiting for a brighter day to take some pics outside which will hopefully be today or tomorrow.
Now to attack that Cutlass again.
Cheers,
Tony.

Shame about the canopy Tony, but I'm sure when you take the pics it will look okay. I can relate to you weather, it was wet, though not as cold as here now. Also good to see you did so well on the Monday at the show.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Vic :)
Sorry I didn't get to the show on Saturday mate but it was unavoidable unfortunately.:( Hope u and ur wife had a good time.
I may get another one of these kits down the track and use that canopy,it's a cheap kit.
Cheers,
Tony.

There's a vac-form MiG 15 canopy available at Hannant's, and probably other places. Would that do the job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back