**** DONE: Mig-17F 'Fresco' NVAF Vietnam 1968

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Update time.
Cockpit complete,not perfect but certainly better than the basic kit was.

p1080261w.jpg

p1080262.jpg

dry test of the fuselage fit -

p1080264l.jpg

p1080266h.jpg

Can't do much until the weekend now as I need to buy some primer.I do have some sanding to do on that fuselage though.

Cheers,
Tony.

Last edited:
I can finally post some update pics now that the forum is back!:)

Fuselage and wings glued,filled,sanded and primed -

p1080278h.jpg

p1080279j.jpg

I opted for these 2 colours for my camo

p1080280.jpg

2 coats of the base grey/green

p1080281i.jpg

All masked up for the dark green.I can't begin to tell you what a pain in the posterior this was..:lol:
I used the old-style masking tape as I hope it will bleed a little bit and have that rougher look rather than being too 'straight-lined'.

p1080282k.jpg

p1080283w.jpg

I have applied 2 coats of the dark green.The unveiling should be tomorrow (fingers crossed it'ok!)

Cheers,
Tony.

Good progress. I can imagine the masking took a lot of time and patience can't wait to see how the dark green comes out, fingers crossed your perseverance will be rewarded

Great job mate - and the masking? Rather you than me mate!
A little tip if you want a 'soft' edge and don't have an airbrush. This works up to 1/32nd scale, but is time consuming !
Mix together 50% of each cammo colour, example, 50% Green + 50% Sand. Then, depending on scale, use a 000 or 00000 brush, and paint this, follwing the line of the demarcation between the two cammo colours. It gives the appearance of soft overspray between the colours, especially after the gloss and matt clear coats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back