**** DONE: Revell P-61A 1/48 scale, Nocturnal Nemesis, Night Fighter GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Bill.
I agree with Aaron about the Vaseline. It's a 'trick' I've used myself in the past, but on very small areas, the 'weight' of the Vaseline can react with the paint, causing it to bubble. A better way is to apply a spot of Humbrol 'Maskol', or similar liquid mask, or even PVA, which can be peeled off after painting. A minimal amount of re-touching may be required, if the PVA has spread onto the 'solid' areas, but should be easy to accomplish.
For future reference, a more convenient way to make this type of lamp, is to back the holes with a thin piece of plastic card. Assemble and paint the model as normal, and, when painted, the holes can then have their colour(s) added, and glazed with Micro Kristal Kleer or PVA. Simple, clean, and effective.

Many thanks for the heads up on the lights Bill, never thought of that being an answer and so interesting as well. Stick with Terry's idea with the masking, you just need a touch with a toothpick and it dries very quickly in the warm.

Your work is progressing along very nicely there Bill and thks for the education on the lights Cheers

Still working on the wings but was also able to work on the front tire. I didn't like the way the resin spokes looked so I cut them out and applied the PE spokes.

Attachments

• P61A 031.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Well last night I was finally able to add the wings. Unfortunately the controls to the gunner's seat were knocked off. Still it's an easy repair and not unforeseen. I also did the initial painting of the props. I'm researching more information on the wings, along with filling in the gaps between the wings and fuselage, but my next work should be on the nacelles.

Attachments

• wingson.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 101
  • wingson2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 102
  • wingson3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 103
  • wingson4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Getting close Bill!paint paint paint.I had to go back to pg 1 to remember was this black or OD because I did remember the checkered spinner's were cool.The work on this and efforts are most excelleant Sir,carry on.Cheers

Just a little. I had several of those foam blocks around to set the model on. The trickiest part will be when I attach the nacelles and elevator to the main fuselage. Only then can I attach the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread