**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.VIII "Fargo Express" Lt. L.P. Molland 308th FS - Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.
In the last few days I finished the multiple coats of Future and tonight I started the decals. I'll have pictures when I have them all on.

The kit decal for the kill markings (picture 1) were German crosses which is wrong. The real thing has Swastikas (picture 2). I found some black Swastika kill marks in the spares box, but the single white one eluded me so I hand painted it. (picture 3) It's a little large but I can live with it. The last picture shows all the decals on.

PB225900.JPG
PB225898.JPG
PB225899.JPG
ScannedImage-11.jpg

Last edited:
nice Glenn, time to dirty it up ?
Already part way there Karl. Stayed up late yesterday and did the panel lines using a wash of acrylic black and alcohol. The alcholol eats into the Future a little and gives it a kind of streaky, dirty look. You just have to be sure to wipe it off fast and in the direction of the airflow. I'll take some pictures after work tonight.

Here's the promised pictures of the panel line wash. Dull Cote and pastels next.

PB235903.JPG
PB235904.JPG

Last edited:
Tonight I put on a coat of Dull Cote, then did the pastel weathering. I did it rather heavy as the picture shows it being quite dusty and dirty. I then sealed it with another application of Dull Cote and removed the canopy masks. Now comes all the little breakable parts.

PB235905.JPG
PB235906.JPG
PB235907.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back