**** DONE: Spitfire MkVIII F/L Edward "Ted" Sly Commonwealth GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good work so far mate. Are you sure about the red spinner? I've just been reading about RAF and RAAF going to great lengths to get rid of any red - just in case of confusion with Japanese markings. One RAF squadron, new to Burma, at first ignored warnings about their red spinners, but very soon painted them after some close calls!

Good work so far mate. Are you sure about the red spinner? I've just been reading about RAF and RAAF going to great lengths to get rid of any red - just in case of confusion with Japanese markings. One RAF squadron, new to Burma, at first ignored warnings about their red spinners, but very soon painted them after some close calls!

I believe so Terry. Quite a few RAAF spitfires had red spinners (as did our P-40's). By this stage of the war the Allies had complete air superiorty over the Japanese, infact RAAF Spitfires at Morotai and Borneo managed to only shot down three very rare Japanese aircraft!

Hi guys, some small progress with the completion of the cockpit. I cut a small rectangle hole in the armour plate to fit some home made seatbelts (the poor mans tamiya tape version :rolleyes: ), looks better then an empty seat though. The side acces door has also been cut out so as to model it in the open position. Ive made a start on the wings and have also painted up some 250 pounders to hang under the wings. I've also assembled the engine, I won't be showing mine, but it needs to be in place for the exhaust stacks and prop mount to fit in place.
Sorry for the poor quality pics, my camera struggles in Macro mode.

Attachments

• 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 065.JPG
    065.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 122
Good stuff Andy. Try coming back a couple of inches with the camera and, if possible, use a smaller f stop. It's focusing on the towel, or rug, quite well, so probably a bit close for the Depth of Field range.

Looking real good Andy! anything new to report?another one that stopped on 12/7/10 :dontknow: Just try'n to crack that whip :D Cheers

Hey Kev, your whip finally made it over here mate :lol: look progress! Pay no attention to the engine, she'll be covered up. Done purely for the hell of it.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 75
Thank guys. The starboard side will require some work NFN as there is a bit of a gap. As for the cowling Terry, she'll fit after I'm done with it! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back