Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Nose is getting REALLY close now - after a good whalloping with Black Micro-Filler Primer (applied in a slightly unorthodox way, which seems to make for a MUCH harder finish) and colour-sanding with 800- then 1200-grit sand paper (with some light touches from a worn piece of 600-grit on area's where a LOT of Microfiller accumulated), I am left with ONE ripple on an another-wise 'shinnier-than-the-kit-plastic-surface' nose. Not quite sure what to do with the ripple yet; I doubt it will show under the camo, so maybe I'll just work it as smooth as I can and call it ok. All panel lines are done (the larger engine access doors have been intenionally cut a bit ragged and non uniform, as this a/c wore essentailly prototype engine 'treibwerk', modified from the Ta 152C IMHO), super charger intake is done, engine detail is done, exhausts are all but boxed in... Just need to re-engrave the Radiator Flaps and we're good to slap the thing together! :)

Oh and for those that care, I went with the 'tougher' panel lines, that more closely resemble the Ta 152C, with the DB603LA engine

Pics to follow, when its NOT 3am! ;)

Dan

Last edited:
Looking forward to them pics.....

Black 6 REDUCED.jpg

A little more work on the guns for Black 6. Since I was twisting up some speaker wire for my Ar234, I did the same here and added yellow-painted wires to this area. You might notice the gray junction box I added between the guns to which some of these wire attach. Using reference pics, there's still a bit of a rat's nest more wiring to go in here but I need to take a break form this for now. Also added were the homemade placards on the junction boxes in the foreground. These were done by cutting out a pieces of aluminum tape and writing on them with a black, indelible ink artist's pen, then scratching the black off to simulate the inscriptions.

13022201.jpg

13022202.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Thanks very much guys.

Black 6 REDUCED.jpg

The wiring in the gun bay is now done. The only thing left to add in this area will be the open cowl latches which I'll need to scratch build.

13022301.jpg

13022302.jpg

13022303.jpg

Damn, you guys have been busy while I was recovering from my flat base debacle on the '51. Andy, that work is absolutely stunning! Amazing craftsmanship. Every one is knocking the builds outa the park. I only hope I can in the same damned county as you guys. I should be back on the Dora by mid week at the latest.
Dale

Hahahaha, Ive been WAAAAY to high on Valium to do muchy work! Nose Treibwerk is done; radiator flap warked out; then we can install engine pipes, glue to the fuselage and install reinforncings! Woohoo!!!

D

Wait till I get the Radiator Flaps Sorted... I had to buy some new tools to get the measurements accurates and lines 'angled across' a cylinder looking parallel. And I've had to do some practice on some tubing first; building confidence. Pics once the WHOLE Nose is "D-15"-ified. Also considering etching the replacement reinforcing plates, but at the same time, 5 or 10 thou card (whatever the really thin **** I got is) is easier to stick!

Not to mention I've also been working and chipping about at that other 'project', Wayne! *nudge-nudge*

Dan

OBTW, anyone here got a 1/48 Ju 188E-1 they wouldnt mind parting with?

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back