Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX Andy. Slowly getting better. But still feeling so-so and couging with every deep breath.

Screw it, ordered one:

00.jpg

I'll still be doing Blue 2, but the normal Dora wasn't in stock and this cost the same and came with both tail styles.

Great work all round there.

Quick question - MK108 Kanone - with or without blast tubes?

As in - would the blast tubes be the only bit visible or would the actual cannon barrel be visible (this is for the outboard guns)?

The brass comes in two pieces, just want to get the right one :)

Hey, Guys,
The Dora is back on the bench. I need to finish up the engine plug. Spent last night going through what is done and re-acquainting myself with the kit. Today was some minor building and a tad of painting. Started in the additional plumbing in the engine bay. I hope to have the plug done tomorrow an final prep for the fuse halves to be joined. I know there are some fit issues with the plug and I have done a dry fit to confirm. I am now doing final fit for the plug bulkheads prior to fuse assembly. Pictures to come.
Dale

Sorry - NO progress here... Been waaaaay too high on Pain Mgmt drugs! So close to getting it all together into one piece tho! :)

Dan

Last edited:
That's looking very nice Paul. If it matters to you, the outboard cannons are sticking out too far. The MK108s had a very short barrel and the protrusion was more like this:

focke-wulf-fw-190-d-11-fighter-01.png

By the way guys, when you're finished your model, go ahead a post as many pics as you want in this thread or, if you like, start a separate thread. I will take one of your pics and add it to post #1 with a link to your finished pics.

Thanks Glen, and thanks to everyone for advice and observations.

Well - she was thrown together somewhat between work and other commitments but here she is:

P3040003.JPG

P3040010.JPG

P3040008.JPG

P3040007.JPG

P3040006.JPG

P3040005.JPG

P3040004.JPG

P3040002.JPG

P3040001.JPG

Now - I plan to take a bit longer over Yellow 10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back