Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work Paul!

Like someone else on another thread, you just need to watch the angle on the main undercarriage, should be raked forward.
(Not sure if you have, but alot of people seem to glue the wrong legs in the wrong slots, causing the 90 degree sit)

Great work Paul!

Like someone else on another thread, you just need to watch the angle on the main undercarriage, should be raked forward.
(Not sure if you have, but alot of people seem to glue the wrong legs in the wrong slots, causing the 90 degree sit)

Thanks Evan.

I think I've worked out what causes the undercarriage leg issues - when I did Dortenmann's D9 (210003) I got that about right, the main difference was I stuck the wheel covers on after the legs.

This time I stuck the covers on before fitting the legs and that restricts the play you have to set them right. The biggest issue to my eye isnt the rake forward (the centre of the wheel is about level with the leading edge of the wing), the port leg slants in towards the centre line OK but the starboard one is way too straight.

I felt the legs 'click' into the grooves but I didn't pay enough attention to the angle the starboard leg wanted to sit at. I got the wheel lined up but the leg itself set straight - heyho :oops:

I shall address that particular issue (and, no doubt, introduce a lot more) in the D13.

Onward!

Radiator flaps are done and will hopefully be Microfillered/Primed tonight (after I finish work - I'll need a break between that and the two assignments I need to start on... BOOO!!!) - then it just becomes a regular DML Fw 190D-9 build, with a little extra fairing in around the fwd wing roots and some custom stiffeners on the fuselage and wings... Looking fwd to painting this...

D

JV44 red 3

Tried some red on the landing gear what do you guys think.

001-63_zps67796469.jpg

... looks red to me... ;)

And like A4K here, I've a little JV44 stash here for a rainy day - 2x Eduard JV44 Combo's, an extra Eduard D-9 Profi and 2x Eaglecals JV44 sheets. My plan is to essentially 'production line' them, and knock all 5 known a/c out at once... Will make a nice little display!

As for D-15, Radiator Cowl still awaiting Primer... Grrrr - life is getting in the way!

Dan

Cheers Wayne! Plan to do a Papagei some day.

Me too...and like Dan all 5 birds, had the bits'n'pieces for many years, but decided to hold off till all the Dora volumes appeared for the latest data, glad i did as things DID change on some aircraft! Just need to get them into the production line schedule!!!

Its going to be a fun little project, eh Wayne? Have you collected the Eduard kits to build or going the Tamiya or DML route?

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back