Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok i'll be in on this.

will be doing the below Jg301 crate flown by Hargen Forster, using the 1/48 Dragon kit

red cat.jpg

this is all i have to go on this machine along with the decal instruction sheet so any further help will be greatly appreciated

Looking good people.

Well, the kit is a dual combo and I reckon it'll save time, frustration and allow me a second chance to correct any build issues as I go.

As it stands here are the two colour schemes I'm going to try (Yellow 10 mainly to see how it turns out, Red 4 to prep for the JV44 D9 box - one for the future. Plus I reckon having 3 JV44 birds on the shelf may look cool :D )

I strongly suspect I may have bitten off more than I an chew but what the heck.

Apologies in advance for the impending flood of queries.

Yellow 10.jpg

Red 4.jpg

Dora + Recon = Dora the Explorer :D hahahaha (if you guys don't know, Dora the Explorer is a kids show :D) hehehe

Lovely scheme Karl. Glad to have you aboard!

Well, this is getting popular! Maybe time to take a tally to see who's in and who's doing what. I'm not trying to commit people here, just trying to keep track. If you change your mind and want to do something else, go right ahead and let me know if I've messed anything up.

Glen (T-Bolt) - D-9 Blue 12 8/JG6 WNr 500570
Andy (Crimea River) - D-9 Black 6 III/JG2 WNr 500645
Dale (Dneid) - D-9 Black 1 14/JG26 WNr 210003 Dortenmann
Wayne Little - subject not yet announced
Cory (Catch 22) - D-9 Blue 2 IV/JG3 WNr 211???
Paul (Lostinhull) - D-13 Yellow 10 Stab/JG26 WNr 836017 and D-11 Red 4 JV44 WNr 220???
Igor (Rogi) - D-9 Black 10 III/JG26 WNr 500613
Sergio (Destrozas) - D-9 Russian Captured WNr 210251
Jerry (Woody) - subject not yet announced
Karl (Rochie) - D-9 WNr 400208 of 7/JG301 Hargen Forster

Those still on the fence:

Jan (Lucky 13) - Can't figure out which of the many 13's to do!
Dave (Tigerdriver)
Evan (A4K)

Last edited:
Nice line up guys!

Wings on and a beautiful fit! What a change from the A-8 Shrike I'm also working on. Only some minor clean up and no filling needed.

P1219241.JPG

Last edited:
Good Evening, All,
Andy, I am still in and you have my information correct. Glad to see this is getting popular. Can you ever really have too many Long Noses?

I spent the weekend with the cockpit from the Eduard kit. I love and hate PE. Love the looks mostly. But, my eyes are hate the size. Sprayed the basic parts in RLM66. I then started in on adding the included PE to the various cockpit pieces. I am not 100% happy with what I have. However, once everything is installed in the fuse, I figure it will look good.

I did run across a couple of photos on the web that showed a cushion in the seat. So, I took some tissue, folded it carefully in several different axises (is that correct for plural axis?). I glued it all up with some thinned Elmer's white glue. Once that was setup, I mixed a little dark green in with some umber to get a shade that looked appropriate to me. Too bad most of it is under the lap belts. I added tiny drops of Future to give an instrument glass look to the lower panel. Any details were picked out with silver or red with a toothpick. I used an artist's silver pencil to do a little weathering on the floor and a few edges in the cockpit. I was going for subtle with this. Under the mag lamp is looks good, I must say.

As soon as the seat is dried into place, I will add the shoulder harnesses.

Cockpit 1.JPG
Cockpit 4.JPG
Cockpit 5.JPG

I sure hope the pics are viewable. I do not have a good macro lens yet. I am shooting with a std Canon 50mm lens and cropping/zooming/ adjusting to get enough detail for you all to get an idea of my results.

I welcome positive and negative feedback (heck, how does one improve with only positive feedback?).

Dale

PS Sorry for the lighting. I'll try to get more light on the shots going forward.

Last edited:
Looks real nice Dale I used that same cushion trick on a pair of Emils I made a few years back and it works great.

I shoot my pictures with an Olympus E-620 SLR, also without macro. The way I get around it is to set the picture size to large, put it on a tripod and set the aperture to F-22 and the ASA around 200, put my work light close to the work and let the camera take a longer exposure, maybe 1 or 2 seconds. The focus is usually very good because with that tight aperture the depth of field is very long. Then I download it to my computer and crop and resize it using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. As long as you start with large enough picture you can crop the heII out of it and still have a nice sharp picture.

Last edited:
dneid you need good light on the subject too, sometimes the croping and editing just makes it a bit blurry, if you want some tips, would you mind sending me a pm?

Last edited:
Now This is a better than great UnGB you put together. I like it.

Are we gonna see you in on it Bill? (Go on, you know you want to...! :) )

Great work everyone, and great to see so many entries!

I'm not on the fence either, just trying to finish a couple of other projects first. My entries will be:

Fw 190D-9 Braunen 4, W.nr. 500647, 1:72 Academy conversion (continuation of old GB subject - will redirect that thread here.)

and possibly a 'complete' bird for relief, identity to be decided (maybe an Fw 190D-11, my favourite version)

Last edited:
Here is mine JV44 ("papagei-staffel"),Hptm.Waldemar Wubke April 1945.

1/32 Hasegawa this will be oob except seat belts and much neede help from you guys.

003-43_zps39abf783.jpg

004-22_zps76c546ef.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back