Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Antrvm Ratvs - Luftwaffe late war modeling colors - a small comparison
I found this comparison of paints that might be interesting.
They are right about Testors mixing up the RLM numbers between 82 and 83. They call RLM 83 Dunkelgrun and RLM 83 Lictgrun when it should be the other way around. The colors do look good to me though as long as you use the written description and switch the numbers.
I'm going to use all Testors RLM paints for this build as I think the color match is reasonable enough except for RLM 81 Brunviolett. I think it needs to be a little more brown. I'll still use it, but add a little brown to it.

Ah, thanks Glenn. I came across that site when I was doing my white 11 and spent 15 minutes looking for it yesterday to respond to Dale but had no luck. Glad you found it.

Hey, Andy,
I sure did get the paints. Hopped over to my LHS at lunch and had Wayne's guidelines with me. I took some time comparing and I must say, I have to agree with Wayne's guidance. I thought the MM RLM 82 was far to light with a distinct blue tinge to it. THANK YOU, WAYNE. So, I have the other needed colors. In fact, I shot the interior parts tonight with RLM66. I started laying some of the PE out on the various cockpit pieces and surfaces. Man, I am damned glad I have the magnifying lamp!!! Once I have some basic assembly complete, I will post a pic or two to the Dora GB thread.
Dale

I orderd the Hasegawa 1/32 dora should have it by FEB. 23.

Should be fun lads! I can imagine that there'll be ah*lluva lot of
confused.gif
undecided.gif
'?' popping up as we move along.... :lol:

Maybe followed by some
drinks.gif
and
weed.gif
when done! :lol:

Hey, Andy,
I sure did get the paints. Hopped over to my LHS at lunch and had Wayne's guidelines with me. I took some time comparing and I must say, I have to agree with Wayne's guidance. I thought the MM RLM 82 was far to light with a distinct blue tinge to it. THANK YOU, WAYNE. So, I have the other needed colors. In fact, I shot the interior parts tonight with RLM66. I started laying some of the PE out on the various cockpit pieces and surfaces. Man, I am damned glad I have the magnifying lamp!!! Once I have some basic assembly complete, I will post a pic or two to the Dora GB thread.
Dale

Glad it worked out Dale! :D

I'll use my Fujimi FW-190D-9 Kit, most likley it has a lot of errors in it :S but thats ok, we'll see what we'll be able to fix, since the canopy is pretty bad, and the front section of the canopy is barely usable, I might end up borrowing one spare canopy off a Eduard FW-190 I have in the stash.

The pictures were taken off the net, I think its in the book "Broken Eagles" but I can't recal :S

FW-190D-9 WN, 500613 (613 is the area code for Ottawa haha! :D )

Black 10, III/JG26 she was found at Celle

acoording to the source the bands are black and white and third group bar :) although, I'll build it without the prop hub on.

It'll get built to look like the aircraft in those photos, if anyone has any more of her, I'd be interested in looking at them :D

We'll see if it'll be dry brushed with my paint brush or airbrushed if this build streches into the summer.

Black-10-5_zpsdc163d5b.png

Black10-1_zps13825526.png

Black-10-3_zps539e99e6.png

Black-10-4_zps143d45ae.png

Black10-2_zps4af9ef3f.png

Last edited:
Has anyone come across this one, they've got the decals for Ogefr. Dieter Krägeloh of 3./JG 26, his Fw 190 D-9; W.Nr. 500093, 'Yellow 13', Fürstenau, 1 January 1945, in the book....

71NpsfzWZuL__AA1500_.jpg

Igor, I have no more photos of Black 10. The ones you posted are indeed from Broken Eagles and Crandall has two in his book. Camo is speculated by him to be the light greenish RLM 76 undersides with RLM 75 from spar forward. Uppers are based on colour pics of 500570 - 81/82/83 on fuselage. Your profile's colours are poorly represented. No comment on tops of wings. There's a really nice model of this rig here Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D-9 by Bruce Salmon (Hasegawa 1/32).The modeler has included a underwing rack and tank (very nicely done I might add) though these are not evident in your pics.

Jan, do you mean the book or the plane? Yellow 13 was brought down near Waasmunster, Belgium by naval a/a during Bodenplatte. Grainy stills from a movie exist showing not much left of this plane after troops took an axe to the fuselage to get Krägeloh out of it. There was another yellow 13 downed that day flown by Hannes Santler of 3/JG2 WNr unknown.

Thanks a Mil Andy, I had thought that the colors were a bit off but I posted anyway :D There is a couple Il-2 game skins that do the color justice, but that model is fantastic and I'll use her for refrence :)

Jan, I have Yellow 13's camo from an Il-2 skin if you don't mind using that for her?

This weekends work. Finished the cockpit and wheel wells. The seat isn't glued in yet, I'll add a scratch built harness later. Other than that it will be all OTB.
P1209234.JPG
P1209235.JPG
P1209236.JPG
P1209237.JPG
P1209239.JPG
P1209240.JPG

Last edited:
Tamiya right? Looks great but, if you care, the wheel wells were different on the Dora and a realistic depiction would have no covers at the inboard side and the engine would be visible. Tamiya used the molds from their 190A's.

I was aware of that Andy, read it in a review a week ago. I decided to leave it as-is. I started this with the intention of doing it pretty much out of the box and concentrate on the painting and finish. Having to scratch build something that looked like the lower half of a Jumo went way beyond that. If I had known the problem before I had bought the kit I would have gone with another one, but this is one I've had in the stash for a number of years.

T-Bolt,
Nice job so far. I finally got going on the Eduard kit. I hope to have a pic or two of my cockpit by tomorrow or Tuesday. Damned PE, while appealing, sure strains these old eyes. That magnifying lamp is earning it's cost so far. Glad my hands are reasonably steady still.
Dale

Great work so far Glenn, and looking forward to pics Dale!

Great pics of Schwarzen 10 Igor, never seen those before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back