Ah.. Got it Dan.. Thanks!
Mmm let me see.. Its the dipped down area in the center, forward of what I believe are the 13mm ammo case ejection holes.. So it looks like I will need to fill this in. No problem. I'm going to be opening up the ejection ports anyway. Cool!
Oh and Andy, I found your Bird in Crandall's volume 1 today. It starts with a picture of a American soldier holding whats left of the tail of your plane. W.Nr 500645 with the metal Ta 152 tail. Awesome! I wasn't sure which bird you were going after but now I understand! Very cool indeed. It starts on page 189. From Crandall, "The Ta 152 Metal tailed D-9 W.Nr 500645 "Black 6" of III./JG2. A stick was used to prop up the stabilizer. There is a known color photo of this aircraft before it was burned out. Other D-9's with Ta 152 tails known in the Werknummer block that were made by Mimetall Erfurt. This colorful D-9 was found in Altenstadt, Germany."
That is very cool bro. I need to go back and re-read your first post regarding you modeling this bird. Very interesting! There is another picture at the top of the page that shows it as well. Its pretty fu#ked up in that picture. Good thing you decided to restore it huh!?
Then on page 190 it goes into a story about the mystery photo of your 6 from a guy in Holland. A guy by the name of John Quint made a 1/72 Dora model going by his sketch that he made from the original photo. Then on page 191 are the color illustrations of Black 2 and your Black 6. He goes on (Crandall) about the RLM color combinations: Undersurfaces - Light Green, half underwing natural metal, half RLM 75 plus gear doors.
Uppersurfaces: Forward engine cowl to the gun cowl RLM 83 Dark Green; RLM 81 (Mystery RLM color??) Brown-Violet over midsection of upper fuselage terminating at the rear of the fuselage Balkenkreuz; RLM 83 lightly sprayed on the rear fuselage spine and vertical fin; square Red Oxide patch over lift hole on rear fuselage; upper wing RLM 75 or Light Gray with splinter pattern RLM 83; RLM 81 on port wing root."
In Crandall's illustration of your bird, the RLM 81 looks much closer to RLM 76 then the color you sprayed your fuse. Or is that just me? How did you come to the decision to spray it the color you did? ....Just wondering..

I'll try and get a good picture of the illustration for you guys tomorrow. And Andy, do you have Crandall's Volume One? Cool stuff!
So after seeing all of the talent here on the thread, I'm going to go back and make a few "adjustments" to my Jumo 213. Too wit: custom coolant tanks (custom silicone mold, poured metal) custom supercharger with improved case details for the oil lines, also re-cast. New coolant line fittings for the new coolant tanks. Possible remodel of crankshaft engine cover to include real threaded studs in engine case. Rework the rear mounted engine tank and straps. Thinking of new firewall with fuel filter, new mg131 machine gun receivers, all new case ejection shoots to exit bottom of wing. Oh and new magnetos and ignition rails with wire to each cylinder. Oh and about fifty stainless lines for the above features! Oh boy! Can you guys think of anything else I can add?
This is starting to sound like and Summer and Winter project!
Fun stuff!
Take care