Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB (3 Viewers)

Good stuff Igor. Most Doras appeared to have little to no mottling but it was commonly done on the tail.
 
Here's an update on my Dora build. Not quite finished yet, some bits and pieces still missing, like antenna wire and so on. Some weathering would also be in order. However, she does stand on her own legs now (thank you again Wojtek for sending me needed parts) and here are few pictures to show it. Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • 2_07.JPG
    2_07.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 2_08.JPG
    2_08.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 2_09.JPG
    2_09.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 2_10.JPG
    2_10.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 2_11.JPG
    2_11.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 250
Resurrecting this; I been flat out with Work/Uni/Research - the Fw 190D-15 is STILL sitting on the painting rack, half painted... Must dust it off, hit it with a fine cloth and FINISH the paint soon; probably once I have finished teaching/instructing for the year.

Dan
 
Yeah well, Uni and etc has been distracting me from modelling - and the D-15 has had too much work put into it to just not finish it... at some stage... soon... promise!

D
 
I've pulled Fw190 Blue 12 off the shelf of doom where its been for a long long time. The last time I worked on it or posted it here was Feb 2013 in post #315, that's over 13 years ago!

I dusted it off and did the camouflage. My Model Master RLM 65 and 75 were still good so I used them on the upper wings. Unfortunately my MM RLM 81 and 83 had gone bad so I used Vallego Modal Air for those colors on the upper fuselage. I also hand painted the red primer strips on the underside of the wings and sealed everything with a brush cote of Future. The couple of primed blotches on the fuselage sides will be done after the decals to make sure I get them in the right place. The yellow fuselage is a bit too intense but will be toned down durring the weathering procces

Eagle no 60-1.jpg
12646.jpg
12647.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back