Dumbest question ever posted on this forum?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

By the way, Chris, that needs to be in the form of a question to qualify for the thread...for example:
"Why did the Rolls Royce engine suck so bad?"
Or
"Was the Rolls Royce engine the worst of WWII?"

:evil4:

All Rolls Royce jet engines suck. In fact all jet engines suck, period. The only reason they work is that they also blow.

You want to see expensive meat, try Japan. A pork chop can cost you ten bucks. Serves 'em right for Pearl harbour, I reckon. That said, it's a cheap place to eat so long as you like Japanese food, which I do, and the beer is pretty reasonable too. Anyone who goes all the way to a country with an entirely different cuisine then bitches about the price of steak deserves to be knocked on the head anyhow.

Once overheard a dire Yorkshire voice complain he could not get chips (French fries) in a Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong. Nearly spewed my pork and noodles over him, trying not to laugh.

Once overheard a dire Yorkshire voice complain he could not get chips (French fries) in a Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong. Nearly spewed my pork and noodles over him, trying not to laugh.

I was working in a bar in New Zealand once, on a day when the Wallabies were playing the All Blacks. An American dude walked in and asked if we were going to be showing the football on the big screen. Damm right I said. He sat down with a beer to wait while the place filled up, then when the game came on he went ballistic and stormed out. Turned out he wanted to see some US college gridiron match, and it never occurred to him that when you ask about 'the football' in a pub in NZ on a day when the All Blacks are playing, just maybe people will think that's what you are referring to. Must be nice to be so certain that the world revolves around you...

AHEM
Recently resurrected from well deserved obscurity was the thread "What was the best aircraft of WWII." I'm not even going there, but it did prompt me post this thread in response. So, what is the dumbest (ei most obscure, subjective or just plaim unanswerable) question you have ever seen posed on this forum?
All in good fun, so please don't spit the dummy if you get nominated...

Geo

Similar experience when my grandmother and Aunt visited me in Austria.
I asked what they wanted for dinner and my grandmother said 'I want fish and chips'. I said 'Um, sorry, we can't get that here'. She insisted there must be fish and chips, and that's all she wants... I tried to explain about 5 times you can't get fresh sea fish in Central Europe, but she insisted on it. Trying to keep a lid on my rising temper, I asked my aunty what she'd like. 'Oh, I'll have anything Ev, as long as it's vegetarian' she said... I quickly left the room before saying something regrettable and went to my girlfriend of the time who was studying. 'They're driving me nuts ' I said 'what the hell can we eat that everyone will want?'
'Don't ask me' she said 'I just want toast'. That was it. I just said 'Right, bugger the lot of yas!' and took them out to local heurige (beer garden) where I told them to order whatever the hell they wanted, just leave me in peace with the bill! :)

Similar experience when my grandmother and Aunt visited me in Austria.
I asked what they wanted for dinner and my grandmother said 'I want fish and chips'. I said 'Um, sorry, we can't get that here'. She insisted there must be fish and chips, and that's all she wants... I tried to explain about 5 times you can't get fresh sea fish in Central Europe, but she insisted on it. Trying to keep a lid on my rising temper, I asked my aunty what she'd like. 'Oh, I'll have anything Ev, as long as it's vegetarian' she said... I quickly left the room before saying something regrettable and went to my girlfriend of the time who was studying. 'They're driving me nuts ' I said 'what the hell can we eat that everyone will want?'
'Don't ask me' she said 'I just want toast'. That was it. I just said 'Right, bugger the lot of yas!' and took them out to local heurige (beer garden) where I told them to order whatever the hell they wanted, just leave me in peace with the bill! :)
And that right there, my friend, was the right decision!

When family comes visiting, we go out and let the resteraunt deal with whatever is on thier mind...me, I just order something and tune out the "blah blah blah" while I enjoy my meal :evil4:

And that right there, my friend, was the right decision!

When family comes visiting, we go out and let the resteraunt deal with whatever is on thier mind...me, I just order something and tune out the "blah blah blah" while I enjoy my meal :evil4:

Another way of dealing with family: my wife (and me, sometimes) makes 2 meals, serve them, and then we eat. No vegetarian stuff, meat all around. Same thing when we visit the family: we eat what's served.

Another way of dealing with family: my wife (and me, sometimes) makes 2 meals, serve them, and then we eat. No vegetarian stuff, meat all around. Same thing when we visit the family: we eat what's served.

*:eeeeek:* That's just cooked off a Brilliant idea! Start a restaurant chain where everyone orders and cooks their own meal!! This'll be worth MILLIONS! :deathlyobsessed: No more Rick Steins!! No more reality TV cooking shows!!! :onfire:

*:eeeeek:* That's just cooked off a Brilliant idea! Start a restaurant chain where everyone orders and cooks their own meal!! This'll be worth MILLIONS! :deathlyobsessed: No more Rick Steins!! No more reality TV cooking shows!!! :onfire:

No, No please don't………………….it's the only thing that keeps SWMBO out of my hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back