Dumbest question ever posted on this forum?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CobberKane

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Recently resurrected from well deserved obscurity was the thread "What was the best aircraft of WWII." I'm not even going there, but it did prompt me post this thread in response. So, what is the dumbest (ei most obscure, subjective or just plaim unanswerable) question you have ever seen posed on this forum?
All in good fun, so please don't spit the dummy if you get nominated...

Oh this should be a good one, if it doesn't get out of hand. No dumb questions in my mind, but I do like your alternatives. And for other posters, don't be a smartazz and say the dumbest question ever posted on this forum is the dumbest question ever posted on this forum. :lol:

Oh this should be a good one, if it doesn't get out of hand. No dumb questions in my mind, but I do like your alternatives. And for other posters, don't be a smartazz and say the dumbest question ever posted on this forum is the dumbest question ever posted on this forum. :lol:

Yeah, I was kinda anticipating that...

My favourite is the 'I need colour pics for a model I'm building' thread.
The poster never mentioned what model and never posted again, but it's one of the longest and most fun threads on the forum! :)

I don't understand the intent of this thread, unless it is to laugh at the (hopefully departed from the forum) misguided person that posted any of the nominees.
If it had been about the "best thread" links could have been established to old threads that were worth revisiting and we might learn something.
The thread referred to on the question of "the best aircraft of WW2" has over 100 pages so the title must have offered something to a few posters.

I also hate the topic questions that actually start a discussion, some of them going into 10 or more pages. Outrageous! My outrage really grows even more, if the people contribute with data, and/or dispel a myth or two. I say ban the people that start threads that lead to a discussion.

I also hate the topic questions that actually start a discussion, some of them going into 10 or more pages. Outrageous! My outrage really grows even more, if the people contribute with data, and/or dispel a myth or two. I say ban the people that start threads that lead to a discussion.

Oh man, thats a good one! :)

Yeah, learning is stupid.
"There I sat, fat, dumb and happy!"
Oh, look, there is a "Honey Boo-boo" marathon! I can feel all the I.Q. being drainedeven won..glurbfble wombats justin bieber!

This thread can only lead to hurt feelings and discouragement to ask questions. We've had on many occasions youngsters who asked some very basic questions and others who simply want to start a discussion. I don't see this thread as appropriate to the spirit of this forum.

Any question that is coming from a person who is genuinely trying to further their own knowledge isn't a dumb question.

However, topics such as "I need colour pictures" or pictures posted with "If you want more information, google it" rate right up there.

Well yes..I can see your point guys.
I would hope that the posts are not a personal attack, just a bit of leg pulling, surely we are adult enough for that?
Cheers
John

either that or it will throw the gauntlet down to see who now can post the dumbest thread.....

Perhaps "The Silliest Question" would have been more appropriate for the thread.
Because we ALL know there is no such thing as a Dumb question, as a few have pointed out.

And I take offense to being accused of being "adult"!!!!

But I do have to agree, IMHO, the Dumbest ones are the What If's, and the You are in charges.
I've posted on a couple of them.... and low and behold, my posts have been totally ignored. Now I do take offense to that!!!! Dump threads!

i have to admit "what ifs" are fun. its is interesting to explore notions all with the benefit of hindsite. actually, i learn a lot from those as good points are brought out as to strengths,weakness,' etc of the attacker or defender are brought out.... a lot of facts i didnt know. but those threads seem to go askew when they take a serious nature...

Perhaps "The Silliest Question" would have been more appropriate for the thread.
Because we ALL know there is no such thing as a Dumb question, as a few have pointed out.

And I take offense to being accused of being "adult"!!!!

But I do have to agree, IMHO, the Dumbest ones are the What If's, and the You are in charges.
I've posted on a couple of them.... and low and behold, my posts have been totally ignored. Now I do take offense to that!!!! Dump threads!
That's because "Do I look sexier with the eye patch over the right or left eye?", made us all uncomfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back