Dumbest question ever posted on this forum?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Climbing Snowdon Pen y fan rank among Britains best challenges.
Cheers
John

Did the whole Corn Dhu-Pen y Fan thing as a young cadet,though it's fair to say I didn't have much choice in the matter :)

Magnificent scenery.

Health and Safety probably wouldn't allow us up there today.

Steve

Ah, the 'Fan Dance' .... what memories ....wet, cold, knackered, up to the top, back down again, up to the top, back ..... aarrrrgh!

Amazing countryside though,even if glimpsed through sheets of hail.......as me how I know :)
Cheers
Steve

Ah Mr Harris, the Welsh Australian that has annoyed us here for decades with his put on accent, stories and awful paintings.
No chance you boys could take him back is this...we've even pay his air fare.

Be fair, we also sent you Clive James and all your best club rugby players. Then again, we also sent you germaine Greer...

Regarding other topics of conversation, as a Citizen of both New Zealand and Australia I feel qualified to make the following points:

1. The United Kingdom, like Australia, does not have any mountains.
2. Northern Hemishere rugby is irrelevant except for about one test match per decade

Last edited:
Then again, we also sent you germaine Greer...

...and several thousand back packers each year who work in pubs, trash flats in Earls Court and constantly whinge about how much better things are back in Australia, let's not forget those...

... and all those Kiwis who can be found skulking around the countryside after dark looking for opportunities to insemminate British sheep.

Funny you should say that being both Kiwi/Aussie and we are talking about Wales here; some things are inherited! At least we don't whinge about how bad the sheep are in this part of the world...

Aaah, I remember basic training in NZ - Waiouru Blondes, we callled them...

1.jpg

Ah, New Zealand lamb. That was advertised in the pre EU days along with other products sent to Blighty by the colonials.
Good food rather taken for granted by those of a certain age.
In a moment of supreme irony we now find ourselves eating Romanian horse meat disguised as 'beef' by the French....
Nice...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back