Easter Island Statues

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt308

Glock Perfection
Apr 12, 2005
Washington State
Am I the only person on the planet that didn't know these statues actually have bodies????

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 563
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,989
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 766
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 577
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 670
Jan likes his Gingerslaps:) Seriously though, I never knew they had bodies. Makes one wonder how much manpower was needed to carve those things and then lift them into position.

Good post Matt. I remember watching a documentary on how they thought the heads were moved. Just moving the heads were very labor intensive. Might have to make another documentary.

Geo

I almost didn't post this thread. I looked very carefully to see if this was Photoshopped. But my BS detector was only at about 25% so I wagered a good thrashing by you guys vs not posting it. I'm still flummoxed.

That is so cool!
One more twist in the weirdness tail.
There are so many mysteries out there, not talking about the "Bermuda triangle" type of foolishness, but real existing puzzles.
Stonehenge, that would have required (theoreticaly) every person on the British isles to devote every waking hour for ten years to the construction.
Machu picchu, and hundreds of other structures of giant stone that were made so precisely that a piece of paper cannot be inserted between them.
And possibly the most intriguing of all, the Coral Castle in Florida. Built just in the last century by a 98lb. consumptive, this has to be seen to be believed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back