Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Am I the only one who thinks some of those "signed" photos are not really "autographed" photos? Several of the "signatures" seem to have been created by the same shaky hand. Joe Forster's signature (in particular) appears on several autographed prints - and it doesn't look like what we see here.

It's still great to see the images, but I wouldn't spend buck on e-bay buying one of those copies unless I was VERY sure the signatures weren't forgeries.

Cheers,

Dana

Foto Kaiserreich Pilot Leutnant Ernst UDET mit Orden vor Flugzeug Fokker D VII | eBay

German

1600773505826.png

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
S620 Aufklärungsgruppe 123 Staffelkapitän Major Donaubauer Knullenkopfstaffel ! | eBay

from Loss of Major. Donaubauer ex 1./(F)123 - Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum
Melvin,
For 29 July 1940 - I have the following from "Battle of Britian Then and Now" (Mk 3):-
"4./KG76. Junkers Ju 88A-1. Shot down into the Channel south of Worthing at 2.00 pm by 145 Sqdn Hurricanes. Maj. Donaubauer and Uffz Peters killed. Lt Nier and Uffz Cordes missing.Aircraft lost".
From Mason's earlier "Battle Over Britian" I have a slightly different view:-
"4./KG76. Shot down by Naval AA gunfire of Dungeness, 13.12 hrs. Ju 88A-1. 100 %. Two crew killed.Maj.i.G. Donaubauer and Lt Nier missing".

Andy Mitchell
German

1601202032444.png

Last edited:
1943 Press Photo Captain Joe Foss & Members of His Fighter Squadron - pim11528 | eBay

American

1601633049874.png

1601633066298.png

Capt. Joe Foss, the leading American ace of the war. The squadron has bag over 60 Japanese planes and Foss himself has over 26 confirmed victories. Foss, smoking his characteristic cigar, is shown in the center while around him,reading from top left around the bottom to top right, are Oscar Bate, of Essex Falls, N.J.; Greg Loesch; Tom Furlow, 25, of Montrose, Colorado; Frank Presley, of Encinitas, Cal.; Bill Freeman, 25, of Bonham, Texas. Foss Comes from Sioux Falls, S.D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back