Eduard 1:48 Spitfire Mk.XVI (WEEKEND EDITION)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To illustrate, but I'm sure it's understood, the 'bump' needs to be shaped. I typically use a file to shape and then sand. Finesse in shaping is critical, and not gouge the features that one is trying to achieve. I file to shape and sand to finish. I'm always concerned with 'over sanding', ruining the shape. But again. practice!!! I do 'back clip' to mostly eliminate the pockects generated by close clipping.
cuts 0.jpg
cuts 1.jpg

Thanks Terry. I really need to get some chips made up as when you open the bottles, they all look the same. I bookmarked a site where a guy sprayed all the colours on spoons. I think I'll either go with .716 - Semi-matte Aluminum or .717 - Dull Aluminum

1618710981868.png

Thanks Karl and Check Mark. Just so happens to be the one at the spray booth. Innards Have been sprayed with Tamiya XF-71 Innards Green. Note two piece tail wheel insert glued to the right half and also note the rod attached to the control column, a butt joint.

IMG_0001.JPG

Seat built but not yet finished or painted. I'll use Tamiya XF-9 Hull Red to represent the plastic seat.

IMG_0004.JPG

This will be fun. Part 36 represents the radiator de-icer I believe...

IMG_0002.JPG

....drill and fine wire on standby

Thanks guys, Plan B it is Andy and I also have to open a hole on the right wing leading edge near the fuselage. Innards almost done. Had a mishap with the IP decal. There must have been some excess decal set pooled underneath and as it dried the decal shifted slightly. It was hours later before I noticed and tried rewetting it for a few hours but it wouldn't budge. Cockpit will be closed so it shouldn't be noticeable. I used the seat belt decals and the reacted well with Microscale solutions however they are a tad too big and the one that has to run through a slot on the right side (A) was a tad too wide. I tried for a few minutes and the cut the decal in two, adding them to each side of the seat wall. (A1) is pointing to wear the shoulder harness is supposed to fit. This goes through the "towel rack "and attaches to the seat back.....somehow. According to the instructions, this all happens after the seat is mount on the floor frame which is then glued on to the sidewall. The seat has not attachment points to the bulkhead so this has to be the way it goes. They also want you to attach the pedals after the front bulkhead has been attached to the side wall which is after the floor frame has been attached. I'm looking at a different solution for this (B). Surprisingly there are not a lot of the built out there

IMG_0004.JPG

Seat painted with Tamiya XF-9 Hull Red and the cushion done with Tamiya XF-63 German Grey

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Hope to have this closed off later today

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Plan B done. Once the CA has dried I'll trim the outlet. It had to be longish to accommodate my pudgy fingers

IMG_0001.JPG

The front of the wing filets are separate for some reason; there are two different ones per side. These have bumps. The fit was very good. I was trying to figure out where to put the hole on the right side but once I put my magnifying visor on I found a faint divot. This was the same for the radiator mist sprayer

IMG_0004.JPG

I like the way the stabilizers are done. There is a small lip on one half and the top half butts into this. It forms an actual panel line

IMG_0005.JPG

This is just a dry fit but it forms a very tight join

IMG_0008.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back