Sory ratsel but you are wrong. All members of the german armed forces were made to swear an oath that made them extensions of the Nazi Party. They were required to swear allegiance to Hitler personally and unconditionally, which meant they were a willing party to all the acts and orders issued in the name of the Nazis. this robbed them of all honour in the war that followed and destroyed the good name of germany until after the surrender
For the record, all nations have oaths of allegiance, but never to a single individual and Germany is unique in demanding unconditional obedience. Here are the structures of the oaths, before 1934, and after 1934. The oath before 1934 is still lawful, if a little extreme, the oath after is clearly unlawful, and most that took it knew that.
Oath of Allegiance before August 2, 1934 "I swear by almighty God this sacred oath:
I will at all times loyally and honestly
serve my people and country
and, as a brave soldier,
I will be ready at any time
to stake my life for this oath."
The Fuehrer Oath (effective August 2, 1934)
"I swear by almighty God this sacred oath:
I will render unconditional obedience
to the Fuehrer of the German Reich and people, Adolf Hitler,
Supreme Commander of the Wehrmacht,
and, as a brave soldier,
I will be ready at any time
to stake my life for this oath."
Moreover, mandatory mandatory loyalty oaths were introduced throughout the Reich, rendering everyone who took them an active conspirator in Nazi attrocities.
Oath of loyalty for Public Officials:
"I swear: I shall be loyal and obedient to Adolf Hitler, the Führer of the German Reich and people, respect the laws, and fulfill my official duties conscientiously, so help me God."
These oaths were pledged to Hitler personally, not the German state or constitution. And they were taken very seriously by members of the German Officers' Corps with their traditional minded codes of honor, which now elevated obedience to Hitler as a sacred duty and effectively placed the German armed forces in the position of being the personal instrument of Hitler.
(Years later, following the German defeat in World War Two, many German officers unsuccessfully attempted to use the oath as a defense against charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity.)
In September, 1934, at the annual Nuremberg Nazi Party rallies, a euphoric Hitler proclaimed, "The German form of life is definitely determined for the next thousand years. The Age of Nerves of the nineteenth century has found its close with us. There will be no revolution in Germany for the next thousand years."
Ive yet to find the part where if your relatives are embarassed about your Nazi loyalty they can just claim that they were the part of Germany that resisted Hitler
And here is a you tube video of a group of Hitlers soldiers entusiastically taking that unlawful and monstrous oath of allegiance, just in case you still want to argue that the german armed forces were not politicised
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azslfc2HPxU