F-111F, 48th TFW, Lakenheath, Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

Progress is still slow but all the detail stuff if done, getting ready to close up the fuselage sections soon.

Couple of in progress pics:

Pic 1: View from the front of dry fit of the front fuselage. One of the still in progress GBU-10's is off to to the right. Took me a while to get the right colors for the Mk82 iron bombs and the fin units. I wanted to have the main MK82 body show a lot more weathering - I think I got it.

Pic 2: View from the rear looking into the cockpit.

Attachments

• IMG_0811v2.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0812v2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 114
Thanks David and Harrison!

And now for a little bit of history:

Pictures of the actual cloth squadron patches for the 493rd, 494th, 495th Tactical Fighter Squadrons of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing from RAF Lakenheath circa 1980 and a 493rd TFS Deployed (Desert Storm).

(All patches are from my personal collection)

Attachments

• 493TFS_Lakenheath_v1.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 494TFS_Lakenheath_v1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 495TFS_Lakenheath_v1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 493TFS_Deployed_v1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I have quite a few of those patches on my old AF jacket, including the Libyan Urban Renewal. You are missing one squadron patch though, the 492nd.

And then there is this one, I have this one on my jacket as well.

The model is coming along nicely too.

Thanks Evan.

I have quite a few of those patches on my old AF jacket, including the Libyan Urban Renewal. You are missing one squadron patch though, the 492nd.

And then there is this one, I have this one on my jacket as well.

You lucky devil! I've been trying to find one of the 492nd for a LONG time. I've been looking for this one: (see pic below) (the shot is of one I just found about 4 hours ago - haven't decided if I will buy it or not - it's a bit pricey)

Attachments

• 492TFS_lakenheath.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread