1/72 F-5E Aggressor Testors/Italeri

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone. :)

Gave the clear film a quick bath in Future and let it dry overnight. Cockpit tub should be finished and glued into place later today. :) Might even get the fuselage halves joined together.

Looks good Dwight.

I was standing right next to an F-5 today and did not have my camera:(

:shock: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Cockpit tub, seat and instrument panel all in place on the top. A couple of lights inserted in the lower fuselage half. Everything is ready so I can mate the fuselage halves together.

Couple of pics of the cockpit. Sorry for the unevenness of the exposures but it was the only way I could get various features to show up. The last pic doesn't do the instrument panel justice unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_0786v2.JPG
    IMG_0786v2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0778v2.JPG
    IMG_0778v2.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0783v3.JPG
    IMG_0783v3.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 177
Great work Dwight!!

Any info on when the decals are being released ?

The 1:48 versions are out now, but the 1:72 ones that I need are supposed to be ready for IPMS Nats or slightly after. I'm betting on after. It might be close.

I'll probably have everything ready for the decals pretty soon actually. All of the landing gear and bay doors are finished and just need to be attached. The canopy pieces are done with their future baths and ready to be masked. So once the fuselage is mated and any seam issues fixed, I can jump right to the camo.

I decided I'm not even going to attempt to scratch build the canopy mechanism behind the seat. I found a bunch of great shots, looked them over carefully and said "No Frackin way!" :lol: This was supposed to be a fun build and attempting that bit of hardware just does NOT look like fun. :lol:

Nice work Dwight. Funny, I had a feeling you'd think that about the canopy jacks !!!

Thanks Terry and Harrison. :)

:lol: :lol: Didn't even give it a pause! With the back end of the canopy painted anyway, the only way you would even see that stuff is if you look straight on, otherwise all that metal is just going to be hidden.

Anyway, that's my story (excuse) and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

Looks good Dwight. I don't blame you on the decision to avoid the spaghetti behind the seat. Having said that. I think I'm going to give it a go since my rig is 1:48 scale

Thanks everyone. :)

Looks good Dwight. I don't blame you on the decision to avoid the spaghetti behind the seat. Having said that. I think I'm going to give it a go since my rig is 1:48 scale

Andy, let me know if you need any pics/links. I found a couple of great walkarounds detailing that rig. :)

Here's what I got off the net. Do you have any other stuff?

Attachments

• 08_F-5A_seat_1.jpg
    08_F-5A_seat_1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 09_F-5A_seat_2.jpg
    09_F-5A_seat_2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Cockpit from top..jpg
    Cockpit from top..jpg
    97 KB · Views: 300
  • f5dp_8.jpg
    f5dp_8.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 380
Here's what I got off the net. Do you have any other stuff?

Just a bit:

Two part walkaround covering ONLY the area behind the seat - 37 photos total: F-5E ( 74-1558 ) Behind Seat - 3/11/2006

F-5E ( 74-1558 ) Behind Seat - 3/11/2006 Page 1

F-5E ( 74-1558 ) Forward Cockpit (front, left, right, canopy and seat) - 3/11/2006

F-5E Forward Cockpit - 3/11/2006 Page 1

F-5E Cockpit - Left side - 3/11/2006 Page 1

F-5E Cockpit - Right Side - 3/11/2006 Page 1

F-5E Canopy - 3/11/2006 Page 1

F-5E Ejection Seat - 3/11/2006 Page 1

F-5E VFC-13 Tiger II Walk Around

F-5E VFC-13 Tiger II Walk Around Page 1

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back