**** DONE: 1/48 F-8E (FN) Crusader French Aèronavale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well gentlemen, my thanks to all of you for the encouragement and kind comments for now tis all done and here are just a smidgin of the 50 or so pictures I took:-

8-A 2 Front Port.jpg

Forward port side and closer look at the refueller probe and gun bay.

8-A 4 Forward Port.jpg

8-A 1 Stbd.jpg

Stbd side view and gun bay

8-A 3 Front Stbd.jpg

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Another beauty Vic. That would look fantastic on a base done like a carrier deck. You know, the French carriers, with a cafe on one side, a cheese shop the other, tables with parasols.......

Many thanks Gents as usual, much appreciated. Decided to put the two Crusaders together today for photo shoot, afraid the pic's are not so good as the angle of the sun at the moment is quite low in the sky. Here's a sample.

6-P 2 Crusader x 2.jpg

6-P 3 Crusader x 2.jpg

6-P 4 Crusader x 2.jpg

Top hole old bean, absolutely splendid, what ! They look great together Vic, and the recce bird looks a lot bigger, or is that just my knackered eyes?

True it does look bigger Terry and it is, they widened the fuselage, squaring off the base and broadening the shoulder. Gun packs and rocketry housings with all the related gubbins were also removed and the available space filled with cameras, they even had one in the radome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back