**** DONE : 1/48 F-100D Super Sabre – 511th FBG, 405th FBW.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I'm away for a few days as of tomorrow, so not much else is going to happen and I'm also waiting for some of the silver dusting powder which basically has put it all on hold for a couple of weeks.

Have been having some fun with the airbrush these last few days, playing with colour variation particularly with metallic paints. Here are some of the results....................:shock: :shock:

3-B1 Spray.jpg

3-B2 Spray.jpg

3-B3 Spray.jpg

3-B4 Spray.jpg

3-B5 Spray.jpg

3-B6 Spray.jpg

Thanks Peter, how's thing over in your lovely part of the world................

Very nice stuff there Vic, looks like you had a jolly good play ! Isn't it marvellous being able to get these effects with an airbrush?! And to think, once upon a time, we had to try it, with a paint brush, or shy away from it, thinking it was impossible. I remember trying some variations, with a hairy stick, on an F5E, probably 30 years ago (or more), which turned out like an old, worn, bent and battered EPNS spoon !!

sign0092.gif
guys, much appreciated. Started to apply decals today, realising that I've got to cut some of them to fit panels or protrusions, also did a bit of final paintwork and some nav lights. Pics in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back