Farewell and best of luck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With that said. Sharing the same part of cyberspace with a member that, in my sincere opinion, uses every opportunity to justify the aggression of Nazi Germany is not acceptable to me. The moderator team disagrees with my opinion. Thus I'll log off from the forum.

Good luck to all of you,
Tomislav
I have no idea what you are talking about. Send me a pm?

Dear fellow members,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn a lot of stuff that was the ww2 aviation, to figuratively meet people form all walks of life, to broaden my horizons, to point out the good sources of information (and to warn me of bad 'sources'), to make my English language skills better.

With that said. Sharing the same part of cyberspace with a member that, in my sincere opinion, uses every opportunity to justify the aggression of Nazi Germany is not acceptable to me. The moderator team disagrees with my opinion. Thus I'll log off from the forum.

Good luck to all of you,
Tomislav

Tomo,

I can imagine who it was. Don't leave.

Neil.

When it comes to people like that, the answer is to relentlessly confront them.

I used to think that, but then you become the victim of what the Americans call a 'Gish-Gallop'.
Once upon a time I would engage such people and refute their arguments, now I simply ignore them. They are seeking a reaction as a means to further promote their theories, there is nothing worse, for them, than for the reaction to their post from the body of the forum to be nothing, virtual silence. By acknowledging them you are inadvertently complicit in their efforts to draw attention to and promote their nasty conspiracy. You will just encourage them, like other forms of troll.
The moderators can and should delete them, but that won't stop them trying again. They soon lose interest when ignored.

As for Tomo, I understand how he feels, but sincerely hope he will reconsider. Maybe take a time out, he will always be welcomed back.

Last edited:
I missed the original discussion, so I don't know all the details. But my dad was with the 188th Combat Engineers when they took Bergen-Belsen; other units moved on, he stayed as part of the water purification team to help in survivor recovery. I discovered Dad's photos when I was very young and they still haunt me.

I'm always amazed by any argument that the number of death camp victems was exaggerated. They were death camps, designed for one purpose. They numbers don't matter - one murder was too many....

Tomo, if you're still reading here, you're among friends who know the truth.

Dana

I used to think that, but then you become the victim of what the Americans call a 'Gish-Gallop'.
Once upon a time I would engage such people and refute their arguments, now I simply ignore them. They are seeking a reaction as a means to further promote their theories, there is nothing worse, for them, than for the reaction to their post from the body of the forum to be nothing, virtual silence. By acknowledging them you are inadvertently complicit in their efforts to draw attention to and promote their nasty conspiracy. You will just encourage them, like other forms of troll.
The moderators can and should delete them, but that won't stop them trying again. They soon lose interest when ignored.

As for Tomo, I understand how he feels, but sincerely hope he will reconsider. Maybe take a time out, he will always be welcomed back.

There's some truth to what you write here, but at the same time, "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing." Rather than a knock-down drag-out argument, my approach (in those forums which permit the discussion) is to post a short reply laying out the truths we know, and linking to solid information.

I certainly agree that quicksand should be avoided, as should any long conversations.

There's some truth to what you write here, but at the same time, "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing." Rather than a knock-down drag-out argument, my approach (in those forums which permit the discussion) is to post a short reply laying out the truths we know, and linking to solid information.

I certainly agree that quicksand should be avoided, as should any long conversations.

They are not interested in 'solid information'. If they were they would not be Holocaust deniers, flat earthers, moon landing deniers, believers in chem-trails, etc., etc. They want you to argue with them because it gives them a platform for their views outside the echo chambers in which they usually operate.

Starve them of oxygen, confine them to their echo chambers, don't engage. I learnt the hard way, having expended a lot of time and effort on pointless exchanges.

This is my personal view and of course others are free to react however they see fit. Anyone deciding to take such people on will certainly enjoy my support.

With these people, the old saying: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" applies.
These people get a notion in their head and no matter how much solid, irrefutable evidence is place before them, they refuse to accept it, much like trying to get a child to eat steamed Brussels sprouts - it's just not going to happen.

I agree with the above, starve them of attention. Let them go elsewhere to seek the attention they crave - life is too short for that nonsense.

You cannot tell these people anything they dont know already, they just pretend not to, to find out what you know. The guy concerned has an encyclopaedic knowledge of most things but the inconvenient areas are complete black holes. Putting the record straight makes no difference, he will pretend not to know it in the next discussion. He also knows exactly what to say and not to say as if there is any difference between termination camp, extermination camp and concentration camp when discussing a barbed wire enclosure containing 60,000 people with no food, water or sanitation.

Hello, people,
Moderators have decided to take another look at the issues I've found to be championing of the twisted ideology, and I was contacted by Joe and Chris about that and the actions currently taken. I appreciate their actions, and I'm back to the forum now.
I also greatly appreciate the feedback of other forum members, that have no problem over-rating my feeble knowledge by factor of 10 :)
Thank you again, I do look forward to the future discussions,
Tomislav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back