Favorite 5 Aircraft- All Eras Allowed.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I mean just look at the wonderful PZL P.11 - doesnt it just make your heart melt? 8)

fot276.jpg

The good thing about the P.11 is that it's so slow, that on-line players roar in, expecting an easy kill - totally misjudge just how slow it really is and fly right over the top! Then you can maul them a bit as they go over! heh heh heh.

Wow you actually use it in battle?! Good man! its an amazing Ground attack aircraft and bloody tough too, my engine was seriously smoking but it made several more passes before being taken out by a 210 ;)

One of the quirks of online games, you can fly the AI planes, and on one of the servers I found you could fly the business end of a Mistel - Fools! I had loads of mindless fun, trying to ram people, and vulching an entire airbase just by crashing down onto it! (hey, they said bombs and rockets were okay)

There's only one rule with the blasties - you're not allowed to shoot at any other H.G's apart from a guy called Black Scorpion mm'kay?

Attachments

• scorp.jpg_143.gif
    scorp.jpg_143.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 533
I would not consider airships and balloons to be aircraft. Some might but I don't due to the fact that they are deriving their main source of lift from a bag of helium or some similar gas over the cockpit/gondelia (However you spell the name of those Venice boats). I suppose I'll accept gliders although I was mainly thinking of powered flight if you'll notice that all the planes on my list have engines. To be a plane though it has to have wings or something similar, the blades in the case of helicopters providing the main lift. With an airship all the rotors do is drive the airship forward, they don't keep it in the air.

!--Sopwith Triplane
2--Hall Bulldog
3--Polikarpov I-16
4--deHaviland Hornet
5--Avro Canada Arrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back