Favorite comics....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

same here wildcat! I used to get all of mine at the flea markets and still sometimes buy the newer ones. Also I am also into the Punisher comics, which I have a 'few' of! :)

I'd forgotten about those..! I usd to buy second hand Commando, Battler Britton, War Picture Library and other similar books.

...And how could I forget to mention the Asterix books??!! Only managed to get 3 when I was about 12, but later bought the whole lot in Austria when I started learning German. Tin Tin was also fairly popular in NZ.

I preferred just listening to it :)

And you're right about the artwork in Tin Tin - but there was a French or Belgian series which were even more beautifully drawn, one of which ('Le rendezvous de Seven Oaks' ) I got from my french cousins. Anyone know it?

Calvin and Hobbes

My favorite and very fitting :lol:

swiftkickentirestrip.jpg

:) :) :) ...Can't beat Calvin and Hobbes...!

(In Sweden they're called 'kalle och Hobbe', in Austria 'Kelvin und Hobbes' (if I remember rightly), and here in Hungary 'Kázmer és Huba' )

Very cool Trackie! I have a few of those as well. Talking about Commando comics, when I was a kid I did one of their surveys from the back cover, a few weeks later I recieved 4 original (I think) paintings of some of their covers!! I still have them framed somewhere, very cool stuff.

Some examples of my favourite ones in that time.

Attachments

• kloss1.jpg
    kloss1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 117
  • kloss3.jpg
    kloss3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 122
  • TR&A1.jpg
    TR&A1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 130
  • TR&A2.jpg
    TR&A2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 133
I grew up reading the "Commando" comics.

I think a lot of kids did Wildcat! Myself included, and I reckon they would have sold a hell of a lot more of them, if they were in colour. Maybe they were just...

In Sweden we used to a Magazine that I read many moons ago, called PILOT, they had Battler Britton I think he was called, among other series in it....great magazine, too bad that it's gone.....

I read those Commando comics too many times....

Ditto Jason..! Some beautiful artwork in those magazines, especially the cover paintings (one of my favourites was 'The night the tow-rope broke', with a great painting of a Horsa glider on the cover..)

Which was/is your favorite superhero then? How many remember Atom, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Captain America, The Phantom, Daredevil, Mandrake and so on...?

....After the series existing in cartoons, radio plays, and serials, a movie based on Mandrake with actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers is set to start filming in 2008.

My favourite was Spiderman as a kid (I was an insect collector.. :) ), but I saw a bit of one of the new films and didn't like it at all...
The incredible Hulk was my next favourite, and my brother was a big Batman fan.

Batman from the late 60's..Its even before my time..I'm 43...LOL...Well allmost before...He had the car the plane the helo the boat all the cool toys..And a side kick Robin... And best of all Batgirl in her out fit ..that real fit her form..LOL...And the Batman thing is still going making movies...I even have the movie from the 60's here on VHS..LOL...It is soooo cheesy...Got to love it ...Well have to look up some of the stuff you all injoy..Never herd of alot of it...

I used to love the TV version - the fight scenes were hilarious with the words "Sock!", "Pow!", "Crack!" written across the screen, so you couldn't see him physically bashing the villain..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back