Favorite Other/Alternate War Movie

What is Your Favorite Other/Alternate Movie?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Ok, so we did, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc. But how about those other movies that show another war or engagment? Some favorites there. I put what ones I could remember but if anybody has some I missed, I'll add. No Civil War - we'll save that for another polll! :)

I chose the movie Patriot because I'm interested in the Revolutionary War...and I chose Zulu because I'm interested in all things Africa.:)

I can't wait for the Civil war movie poll!:p

Last edited:
Didn't know anybody else had even seen "Southern Comfort" - love everything about that movie, classic Walter Hill.

Sand Pebbles, simply because Steve McQueen is friggin awesome. Period.
Rob Roy, because who doesn't love a cynical, honor-bound highlander?
The Patriot....not very historically accurate (Gibson's character is a mix of like five different generals, I read somewhere), but still a good flick.

Sand Pebbles,55 Days of Peking both because they are of a period not well known in this continent and Dr Strangelove is an absolute gas of a movie with classic lines like
"gentlemen no fighting in the war room"

Zulu, Zulu Dawn for me, Black Hawk Down is also very good. I can never take Mel Gobson's films too seriously, any historical interest they might hold is usually erased by his attempts to make the English look as evil as possible. That's a shame, because as films in the technical sense, they are great :rolleyes:

It had to be Zulu - love 'Men of Harlech', but what else - added Master Commander, and 55 Days in Peking.

Others that could be in a 'list'

Waterloo, Taras Bulba ( with Yul Bryner Tony Curtis), and perhaps even the Vikings!

Nobody remembers Red Dawn? Cuban and Soviet paratroopers in Colorado battling against a H.S. football team and a shot down pilot? It came out when I was young so it made an impression on me I guess. :D

Heh. I actually owned the VHS version of Red Dawn. It was a fairly decent 80's B-flick. Illegal use of boobies, though (ie...they all stayed covered), but still overall one I'll watch again. Kinda like "Wargames". Gotta love computers that are nothing more than banks of randomly blinking Christmas lights, with guys walking around making random notes on clipboards...

Heh. I actually owned the VHS version of Red Dawn. It was a fairly decent 80's B-flick. Illegal use of boobies, though (ie...they all stayed covered), but still overall one I'll watch again. Kinda like "Wargames". Gotta love computers that are nothing more than banks of randomly blinking Christmas lights, with guys walking around making random notes on clipboards...

:lol:

Patrick Swazee, Charlie Sheen, C. Thomas Howell, Jennifer Grey. Oh and Powers Booth as the pilot.

"Red Dawn" was a good movie but I was looking for somewhat historical movies. Maybe we can make a "Favorite What if" movie thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back