FINALLY

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

chook

Airman 1st Class
Mar 24, 2008
Sydney
I just realised that this has taken me over 2 years to complete. Not because of ridiculous amount of detail but from 3 kids (all attention needing girls) under 3 and running our own business( dam GFC). Thanks Terry for your help and Bill for your words of wisdom. I'm crap at photography though. Next project latest release Tamiya 1/32 RAAF Spitfire. Someone may need to resize photos for me though. I'm now juggling 1 yr old and with 6 pack in m y belly.

Attachments

• Img_3063.jpg
    Img_3063.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Img_3064.jpg
    Img_3064.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Img_3065.jpg
    Img_3065.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Img_3066.jpg
    Img_3066.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Img_3067.jpg
    Img_3067.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by a moderator:
Your pictures are very nice. The model in them looks very fine too. Undoubtedlt these pics were too large and I have resized them down.

One amazing thing about this build of "Chooks", he's about 6'-4" and has hands like grappling hooks. How he can produce something with such nice detail is beyond me. Perhaps he's using one of his little girls to do the finer stuff. Then again, nah, they are like little women, can't tell them to do anything. Well done Sean!

The weathering is superlative! It looks completely natural and right, bravo. And I know what you mean - I've got two girls of my own and mom makes three women in the house - talk about the constant drama. I love them all dearly but I could do without the drama. Drama, drama, drama...

Yes, that is very good, the weathering finishes off a nice model very well: it is fairly bold but subtly applied (if that makes sense) to create a very realisitc looking weathered finish. Well done, especially considering the major distractions.

Thanks guys for all your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. I look at the group builds and go yeh right as if I could ever do one in time but 3 youngens is like heaven and hell at the same time and one atleast shows great fine motor skills. The other one is a bitch and the youngest is just a lunatic but I'm starting to like them!

Thanks Wurger for resize. Beyond me. Bill I'm 6' 2" but my arm span is greater than my height so technically I'm a monkey by definition and yes with rather large hands though granted.

I know it looks like Lukes X wing after he dragged it from the swamp (or did Yoda do it?) but I don't do off the factory floor models. I like them to have a bit of 'been around' plus it hides all the bits that didn't go quite as planned!

For those interested I used Tamiya surface primer then Alclad white aluminium which I found too grainy so used a testors dullcote I had lying around to fuse and blend it which worked nicely but made it dull (duh) so gave it a coat of clear then blackwashed.

Sean

Got to admit, the colour pics of the 'Doll' I sent to Sean did show her to be a tad ... er... used !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back