**** FINISHED: 1/48 Spitfire Mk. Vc Trop. “D” of No 452 Sqn defending Darwin .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
*User name: N4521U
Name: Bill
Category: 2, Intermediate
Kit: Tamiya Spitfire Mk.Vb Tropical
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: True Details resin wheels, replacement Decals. Some scratch building. Moulding and casting of some control surfaces. Decals as required.

Inspiration: I've been wanting to build something from one of Robert Taylor's prints, especially one depicting Spitfires over Darwin, I do have this print in my collection. By chance I have found much information regarding the lead "D" plane, S/L Raymond "Throttle" Thorold-Smith.

Here she is for all she is worth. Didn't push the limits as far, but it was a nervous pleasure to build. Some great planes in this GB, as well as an awsome one. His wings were changed to Mk.Vc before heading off to Darwin.

Attachments

• Spitty 5.JPG
    Spitty 5.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Spitty 2.JPG
    Spitty 2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Spitty 6.JPG
    Spitty 6.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Spitty 3.JPG
    Spitty 3.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Spitty 10.JPG
    Spitty 10.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Spitty 1.JPG
    Spitty 1.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Spitty 4.JPG
    Spitty 4.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Spitty 7.JPG
    Spitty 7.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Spitty 8.JPG
    Spitty 8.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Spittyi 9.JPG
    Spittyi 9.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Bill. Must be good to use the long f word not the 4 letter one that we all let fly during construction! Being an Aussie spit makes it all the more special. Don't be shy though. How about a close up of the cockpit :)
Sean

Thank you all for following my build, and all the kind compliments.

It's been a pleasure and am looking forward to the VVS GB P-40 and all it's modifications. I hope I can live up to My expectations. Bill

Some very nice builds coming about from this GB Well Done Bill :thumbleft: Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back