**** DONE: Spitfire Mk. Vb Trop. BS231 “D” of No 452 Sqn defending Darwin .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I painted the panel lines dark gray, but they didn't show after the top colors were laid. Don't know how I'm gonna get the weather effect, chipping and bleaching!

Thanks for the possetive comments.

Bit of dust from Annie's eye shadow Bill, the lighter colours just dusted on with the powder brush will give some fading and Wayne's trick of a silver coloured pen lightly applied for the chipping.

Well now, it's on it's wheels at last................ and I am exhausted.
Guns, door, details and decals.............

Attachments

• 19 on wheels.jpg
    19 on wheels.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 74
great going Bill......now don't knock the undercarriage off!!

The devil knows I am trying!!!!!!!!!

I have done another stupid thing, of course.....
All this time I have been building a Mk.VIc, AUSTRALIAN. Of course the markings in the kit are RAF, now where am I gonna get blue and white roundels by Monday???????? Along with two white "D"s???????? I will have to see if Craig in Adelaide has any, and cover all my options and see if Vagg's or Hobbyco have any to see how fast I can get them..... Bloody hell.

Looking great Bill. If I'd known about the markings, I could have sent you some. Bit late now though, as Brit mail is operated by steam-driven bi-planes !!

So you see, nothing comes easy for me, but is me own fault maties. But Craig at Aeroworks in Adelaide is coming thru for me with roundels. They will be in an overnight pouch to me today, so I should have them tomorrow. The code letter D may have to be hand cut mask. But at least the hard bits are on their way. Crikey. Bill

Just a bot to finish by MONDAY...............
who talked me into doing two?????

Attachments

• 20 almost.JPG
    20 almost.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back