Firm To Remove Bible Sayings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was in a combat situation and it was kill or be killed, I personally would not have an issue with using a weapon with a Koran saying on it. I think it's kinda silly to put it on it, but in the end it really is much ado about nothing.

exactly Viking no one in their right mind would refuse a fully loaded AK-47 in exchange for a beat up emptied ............. you get the point

If I was in a combat situation and it was kill or be killed, I personally would not have an issue with using a weapon with a Koran saying on it. I think it's kinda silly to put it on it, but in the end it really is much ado about nothing.

Yes, towards the end of WW2 even the SS had no qualms about using stockpiled captured Stens, AKs, Enfields, Brownings

Screw the Aryan ideal of German is best - they needed guns NOW (and ammo too of course)

Isn't using a Ak-47 to kill someone if your an American like killing someone with a Hitler Youth dagger in WW2? Both have enemy emblems, or whatever else.

Well I expect that an AK47 has 'Made in Russia' (or China) stamped somewhere on it

As for the dagger, you might say with apologies to Shakespeare " is this a Hitler Youth Dagger I see before me? "

Well yes, but it still works for the purpose for which it was intended. If I was short of a dagger in the trenches and found one lying around I might very well use it, even if only until a US or Brit one turned up up.

Or even a Swiss knife with one of those curly things for opening bottles or something.

I am possibly confused about this issue (obviously) - Please enlighten me someone - anyone ! :confused:

What would one with a Bhuddist saying have on it?

I was going to say that Bhuddists don't have daggers but -

Actually the Japanese are sort of Bhuddist, and they most certainly do have daggers

10098.jpg

Isn't using a Ak-47 to kill someone if your an American like killing someone with a Hitler Youth dagger in WW2? Both have enemy emblems, or whatever else.

When the fit hits the shan and you need a weapon, it doesn't matter where it came from or who made it. If it's loaded and it fires, it'll work. Besides, I found the AK to be a better man stopper than the M-16.

My two cents...

I, for once, have to agree with pb on this one... The governement should never have written that on the equipment in the first place. Military equipment was made to make war, not to spread religious propaganda.

My two cents...

I, for once, have to agree with pb on this one... The governement should never have written that on the equipment in the first place. Military equipment was made to make war, not to spread religious propaganda.

Ideally yes - but now the horse has bolted, do we just make sure it does not happen in future

The problem with our military (US and Brits at least) is that we spend a lot of time chasing mistakes

I think we should spend more time looking forward and stopping these things from happening in the first place.

Thou shall not kill
IMHO no religious saying or symbol from any sect or religion should be on a piece of government issued equipment as for money it passes muster as it got time served. To me its just common sense .

Just a thought, isn't a soldier a piece of government issued equipment?

US Marine Corps Oath of Enlistment

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

US Army Oath of Enlistment

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

US Navy Oath of Enlistement

US Air Force Oath of Enlistement

Yes, today you cannot be compelled to say the last sentence, but that doesn't change the premise of the oath. The United States was created with God steeped in its development. You don't have to like it. But I'm sick of people wanting to change history. And of all folks, forum members should know better. We discuss history every day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back