Firm To Remove Bible Sayings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Firm will remove Bible references from gun sights

Firm will remove Bible references from gun sights
Thursday, January 21, 2010; 2:40 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Michigan defense contractor will voluntarily stop stamping references to Bible verses on combat rifle sights made for the U.S. military, a major buyer of the company's gear. In a statement released Thursday, Trijicon of Wixom, Mich., says it is also providing to the armed forces free of charge modification kits to remove the Scripture citations from the telescoping sights already in use. The Marine Corps has purchased more than 200,000 Trijicon sights and the Army has bought about 100,000.
The references to Bible passages raised concerns that the citations break a government rule that bars proselytizing by American troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, which are predominantly Muslim countries.

A spokesman for U.S. Central Command initially said the Trijicon sights didn't violate the ban and compared the citations on the sights to the "In God We Trust" inscription printed on U.S. currency.

On Thursday, however, Army Gen. David Petraeus, Central Command's top officer, called the practice "disturbing."...................

Just goes to show ANYTHING and EVERYTHING people get all annoyed over. They are forgetting the country was created when religion was a big part of life. Why do people get annoyed over this????????
:evil: :evil: :evil:

well then shall we be fair by banning every Mosque in the States ? yeah a bit extreme I know. can tell you the truth though my cousins son who is an army sniper doing now his 3rd tour of duty will tell you this...........just go ahead and try it.

Sad he is in a well know picture with the General P. whom I feel is a dedicated loser with no spine.

Now, if they would be even more politically correct, they'd print random sayings and verses, not only from the Bible, but also from the Quran, the Tanakh, and whatever holy book that people might use, from whatever faith people have.
But I guess that would be taking too much of a risk at offending someone...*sigh*

Well if people should be notified before they are received what about coins?? Or is that excluded JUST cause it's money

Thou shall not kill
IMHO no religious saying or symbol from any sect or religion should be on a piece of government issued equipment as for money it passes muster as it got time served. To me its just common sense .

Yea, I agree with that. Still trying to comprehend why the heck they decided to put them on it to begin with.

the question is thusly how many of these kits will be used on said 100,000 sights ?

I for-see some Gunny walking up to a Private Screwup and saying "I have a job for you....."

personally I do not see a whole lot of change Viking, it really is immaterial do the sights work or not, if they do, even if they had "death to the infidels" we would use them successfully

we really are poo-pooing aren't we to be politically correct and not hurt "anyone's poor feelings" even if it is our enemy. think this is a total free for all muck up, lets get to business and get the job done and get are men/women home instead of trying to make things politically correct/useless

If a private individual wants it on his personal eqmt, no problem.

But since it is govt owned equipment, the manufacturer had a duty to tell them the religious references were part of the sight.

Last edited:
as the sights had been sold to the US military for sometime either the govt is inept which it is or they simply did not care nor should they, then some odd ball so called Christian zealots come on bitching that we might hurt Muslim believers........... all there is is scripture references by number nothing else

give me a frickin break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back