Firm To Remove Bible Sayings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about??? Back in the 1700's -1800's there wasn't much diversity. That kind of stuff was ok. And now with different religions everything needs to be changed ? Not saying they don't count (nor do I even know where you made that kind of assumption) it's just how our country was.

Does diversity scare me? Not at all. Like above don't know how you can reach a conclusion that 'diversity' scares me... :lol: :lol:

Like the Holocaust, just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it go away, Pb.

The fact that the oath includes the line So help me God is in my mind the same as the currency its got time in. I'm not asking to change history its no different then if you painted religious sayings on the bottom of aircraft or on armour or sides of naval vessels it don't belong

But like said in the post above the Marines were created in the Revolution when religion was a big part..... or well bigger then now....

Now I think it is fair enough you don't have to say it.

So help me God, does not specify any specific religion or creed. While it was likely written by Christians, it does not say "Jesus", it says God. I really see no reason for people to get their knickers in a twist over a bible verse or the mere mention of the word God.

So help me God, does not specify any specific religion or creed. While it was likely written by Christians, it does not say "Jesus", it says God. I really see no reason for people to get their knickers in a twist over a bible verse or the mere mention of the word God.

In Shaving Ryan's Privates the Sniper would recite Bible Verses whilst shooting innocent little SS soldiers (in their new boots and panties)

I am just saying - thats all OK ?

- and Spielberg is Jewish, and so were the Aliens in Close Encounters - so they obviously had a foundation in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Last edited:
as I said changing the word God in your oath pr currency is not on , it has history and tradition attacked to it but a piece of military kit with a religious quote has no part in my countries inventory

as I said changing the word God in your oath pr currency is not on , it has history and tradition attacked to it but a piece of military kit with a religious quote has no part in my countries inventory

So, apart from beating this subject into a million atoms on this site - what are we actually going to do about it ?

That is the question that begs an answer I do believe

and one that can't be answered here. I just posted this as current events but I should have known it would devolve into a religous hooten-nanny. If this gets worse I'll just remove the thread or lock it.

and one that can't be answered here. I just posted this as current events but I should have known it would devolve into a religous hooten-nanny. If this gets worse I'll just remove the thread or lock it.

Why can't we answer it here ? (just wondering before you cut me off in my prime)

(and what is a hooten-nanny ?)

Last edited:

BTW does anyone remember the thread 'Breaking News'

Lots of pics of luscious women scantily clad for the benefit of the boys ?

When I see pics like that it makes me glad I am not a 'rear gunner' 8)

Yea Chris I am done with this thread... and Cromwell what do you mean... I am having a hard time understanding.

I was just harking back to happier times - when we all pretty much agreed on an off-list topic

BTW I have trouble understanding myself sometimes :(

(in England 'rear gunner' is a pun for something or someone else - not rhyming slang though)

But I'm sick of people wanting to change history. And of all folks, forum members should know better. We discuss history every day here.

I don't think anyone ever said that history had to be changed... But it doesn't mean that we can't change the present. I mean, it is not because they were living that way 200 years ago that we still have to live that way.

Plus I don't know what's written on the equipment this thread is referring to, but if it is written something like "So help me God", then I'm sorry, but if you can't hit the broad side of a barn, nobody can help you... Not even a god.

Last edited:
First time I saw the stamp, I assumed it was part of the serial number. It says "JN8:12" It could also refer to a date, maybe or a batch number. When I found the article online, I literally sat there for several minutes scouring the pic for some small engraved Bible verse. Personally, I think someone is making a big fuss about something that 98% of the folks using the equipment probably never noticed, nor cared about one way or the other. The manufacturer is not trying to convert anybody by putting that on there. They're not trying to say their religion is better than anyone else's. They were quietly exercising their freedom of speech in a very small, tasteful manner. And when the fit hits the shan, I doubt someone of Jewish background would sit and search through various rifles until he found one that didn't have the verse imprinted on it. So the big question I have is, have any front-line troops actually complained about the verse? Because to me, they're the ones who are using it, who's lives depend upon it. If its going to hinder them in doing their jobs, then by all means quit printing it. If not.....then its just someone stateside who's trying to get their fifteen minutes of limelight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back