FNG Bluehawk (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bluehawk

Airman 1st Class
Sep 5, 2008
Ozarks
www.trackpads.com
Greetings,

Another zoomie found his way here.

Interested in all matters having to do with military aviation, for avocational research purposes only.

Self, father, uncle, brother, cousins, nephews - all vets (3 USAF) of one war or another from WWII to GWOT.

USAF Forum Moderator for Trackpads.com, Service Officer/American Legion District 15, Dept of Missouri, Past Sgt at Arms, Post 13, PUFL.

Recip a/c mech on C-123B, C-47D and U-3A, ATC 3345th CMS, Chanute Field.

Greetings,

Another zoomie found his way here.

Interested in all matters having to do with military aviation, for avocational research purposes only.

Self, father, uncle, brother, cousins, nephews - all vets (3 USAF) of one war or another from WWII to GWOT.

USAF Forum Moderator for Trackpads.com, Service Officer/American Legion District 15, Dept of Missouri, Past Sgt at Arms, Post 13, PUFL.

Recip a/c mech on C-123B, C-47D and U-3A, ATC 3345th CMS, Chanute Field.

Sweet! Welcome aboard! So I see you're partial to round engines?

Everybody in MY family is a pilot, except me (go figure). Sometimes I wish I'd joined the AF 25 years ago; I'd probably be strapped to the front seat of an F-15E right about now.

Hi Bluehawk, from a British ex-Para who also has a military family, including brother-in-law who retired last year with the rank of Air Chief Marshal. I didn't achieve such a dizzy height, but got to Staff Sergeant at least!
Welcome from a very, very, wet England.

Sweet! Welcome aboard! So I see you're partial to round engines?

Everybody in MY family is a pilot, except me (go figure). Sometimes I wish I'd joined the AF 25 years ago; I'd probably be strapped to the front seat of an F-15E right about now.

Apparently I am! :D

It was an accident of time, but I'm very glad to have gotten in on the very last of pure recips in routine military use.

It was quite a thrill, and dangerous as hell!

Hi Bluehawk, from a British ex-Para who also has a military family, including brother-in-law who retired last year with the rank of Air Chief Marshal. I didn't achieve such a dizzy height, but got to Staff Sergeant at least!
Welcome from a very, very, wet England.
Hello back!

I barely survived one hitch, but wish I had stayed on the full ride.

I made the mistake of instructing a CMSgt on what he should do with his advice. :D

Thanks for the welcomes, also, to all others.

It is encouraging to see so many nations included in these conversations... something we in America are habitually prevented from experiencing by every other usual media... at our peril, in my opinion.

Isn't it interesting that the military, which could have made us enemies or allies, is the power that unites us.

Sure is my friend, and anybody who tells a CMSgt whereto stuff his advice, and lives to tell the tale, is O.K. by me!!!
If memory serves, that would be the very first encouraging comment I have heard in the past 45 years on the topic!

It was an experience, lemme tell ya.

This guy was about 6'5", maybe 250 lbs... enlisted pre-WWII - so, he'd seen a few slicks before.

I guess he figured he needed one of my stripes to add to his 9. :D

Or, maybe it was just a case of NCO PMS?

It is a great, rich history. I'm sure some of the Brits are laughing at the mere 232 years, as theirs is so much longer!
I know what you mean...

In '69 I managed to get to England for a short visit, and was amazed, totally amazed at how old things are there, as a rule. Things just seem ancient... walking around Westminster Abbey was like living in a children's fairy tale or something.

They tolerate us, for sentimental reasons I guess.

Hey Bluehawk. I had a habit of being mouthy myself, but I gotta tell ya it took some big brass ones to do that to a Chief! Greets from another vet of the USAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back