FNG (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 12, 2009
USA
www.corsair82.com
Hello all. I just joined up. A friend from another site told me about this one. I hope I measure up.

I am a retired USAF F-4 pilot. I fly Boeing 767s for an airline.

My pet project is an 82% F4U Corsair replica I am building. I was also building a full scale Nakajima Ki-27 (Nate), but some idiot broke into the hangar to rob it and decided to burn it down on his way out. I hope to find him some day.

My Corsair has a web site if anyone wants to visit. (Nothing is for sale on my site)

The Corsair82 - F4U-1A Corsair Homebuilt Aircraft Kit

Welcome O pilot IRL!!!

As for the @sshole who burned down your Kate...as a Buddhist and therefore a believer in reincarnation, I hope in his next life he becomes a pilot who gets a flameout on every takeoff!

Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear about your Kate.

Welcome O pilot IRL!!!

As for the @sshole who burned down your Kate...as a Buddhist and therefore a believer in reincarnation, I hope in his next life he becomes a pilot who gets a flameout on every takeoff!

I'd hate to see that jacka$$ destroy another plane, even if it took him with it! Maybe something could be dropped on him from high altitude! :lol:

How did the F-4 fly in your opinion?

Hello and a warm welcome from England. Really sorry to hear about your 'Kate', let's hope the f***wit ignites himself the next time he tries something like that! And, Oh boy! The F4! Love to hear some more about flying those monsters - very nearly got a back-seat ride (crash dummy, as Joe described it so nicely!) in a RAF FGR2. Did all the tests, training, including decompression, ejection etc, then at the last minute, the MoD put a block on it! Oh well! At least I got to 'fly' the simulator!
Terry.

How did the F-4 fly in your opinion?

It was a rocket ship. A scary aircraft at first, but then we agreed not to kill each other. It took over 200 hours to get to the point where I was comfortable in it. Not complacent.
Turning was more like changing trajectory. You had to roll then pull the stick to get the nose to track. Once you figured it out, it was fun to fly.

Hmmm. An F4U and an F-4, like those crooked wings do ya!

When I was in Germany in the 80's, I think it was the Germans that were flying them around at the time. They were crazy! I think they used the base I was on for mock attacks. They would come screaming by low level, which as you know was very loud! One I will never forget, I know he almost bought the farm. He came in down a small mountain, then had to climb up to go over our base, which was on a hilltop. He barely made it, he turned the plane knife edge and went between a 35ft tall tower and some trees. Likely only 75 ft between the trees and the tower. From my vantage point I could only see his fuselage and the wing pointing to the sky! It was awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back