Forum Search Engine Problems? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt308

Glock Perfection
Apr 12, 2005
Washington State
Any members having problems with the forum search engine returning inconsistent results?

Errors like a search for a thread with known parameters returns nothing, yet you find your thread/post later and realize that your search had valid parameters.

Or a known parameter search that results in returns that you know does not include all threads/posts?

We are attempting to determine if we have a problem and the scope. All help would be appreciated.

Mods

Describe the details and send it to a mod so they can investigate it.
Yeah thanks Einstein
Here you go

Errors like a search for a thread with known parameters returns nothing, yet you find your thread/post later and realize that your search had valid parameters
If the mods want anything further from me, they'll be sure to ask you

Gnomey, using your suggestion:

From the "USS Saratoga" thread I started last week:

Search words with "USS" and "Syscom3" yielded nothing.

Search words with "Saratoga" and "Syscom3" yielded the thread.

It didnt matter if the letters were capitalized or not.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always have to look through atleast three pages of threads to find the one I'm after, even when I type in the exact thread name.

That's happened to me too, A4K. I've also done a search and the results did not include more recent posts that I know existed. When tried again exactly the same, those more recent posts are listed in the returns.

Gnomey, using your suggestion:

From the "USS Saratoga" thread I started last week:

Search words with "USS" and "Syscom3" yielded nothing.

Search words with "Saratoga" and "Syscom3" yielded the thread.

It didnt matter if the letters were capitalized or not.

Yes, that is because of the terms with less than 4 letters (1/2/3) are ignored in the search......

Not sure of the other problems though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back