Fraudulent phone calls... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I just thought I should warn you guys... Recently I received phone calls from different phone numbers. All of them were playing a recorded message (in English) about credit cards (the girl was speaking too fast and I was just awakening for my night shift, so I couldn't understand all of the message).

I know the phone numbers looks kind of weird, but here are the ones that called me.

111-222-3334
123-456-7890

If you receive a call from one of those numbers, ignore it.

Heh. Answer the phone, and then start selling them the "Automatic Masturbater 3000", the greatest home accessory device on the market blah blah blah...they'll hang up purty quick.

We've had a report, here in the beach of people receiving calls, and the caller
ID says "Wachovia Bank". The caller says they are from the bank and there's
been some unusual activity in the person's bank account. Then turn right
around and ask for the account number. If there's activity in my bank
account, you idiots already have the number !!! Some unfortunate folks
have been cleaned out....

Charles

I think that unless the authorities begin to clamp down on cyber crimes regarding banking, credit card and identity fraud, then then the whole "e-commerce" world will cease to exist.

Thanks. I usually play games with some calls, like repeatedly saying "Apple" into the phone. They hang up.

Heh. Answer the phone, and then start selling them the "Automatic Masturbater 3000", the greatest home accessory device on the market blah blah blah...they'll hang up purty quick.

They are both good ideas, but in this case it was a recorded message.

"If you have (I don't remember the part of that sentence), please press 1."

However, I may use that trick next time... If a "live" person calls me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back