Frog Me 262

Over the weekend I finished up the guns and the gun bay. Not yet painted though. Started on building a cockpit. The kit provides a floor and a very cheesy seat...along with a pilot that looks like it's trying to qualify as the Pillsbury doughboy event in the special Olympics.

100_1931.jpg


A bit of fine tuning is left on the guages.
 
Looking really very nice. But that's a pity you didn't have a look at Me 262 drawings or checked in the net. The cockpit of the plane was a kind of "a semi-barrel" lying horizontally and open at top. The bottom of the "barrel" is well seen through wheel bays.

Picture source... the Internet

Cockpit.jpg


Me262A1aCockpitZoom3.jpg


396203874.gif


396791658.jpg
 
I originally intended to make the cockpit more tub shaped but decided it would be a lot easier and less hassle to just build up the cockpit from the floor provided in the kit. I do plan on adding a curved piece to the bottom along with some ribs and plumbing. I doubt the flat floor will be noticable through the canopy. One nice thing about 1:72 scale, it gives a wide margin to fake stuff and still look good.
Should have the cockpit done over the weekend and I'll get some more pictures up.
 
I see.... keep working. A very nice effect.
 
The seat and harness are all done. I wasn't happy with the guage panel so it's a re do. The seat cushion is plastic with toilet paper painted onto it. The harness is masking tape with fine wire for the hardware. I used Kokanee beer can aluminum to make the harness release.
100_1935.jpg


100_1939.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back