Frog Me 262

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is a bunch of lead shot epoxied in the nose. Checked it for balance and it should sit on the nose wheel. I can always add a bit more if needed.

It really is a terrible kit for stuff fitting. The inlet cones for the engines stick so far out of the front of the nacelle they almost plug the inlet. Had to trim about5mm of them to get them to look right. As for nose weight, the Frog He219 I did a few years back I had to stuff it with shot to get it to sit on the nose wheel. The underside of the cockpit is stuffed with lead shot as are both of the engine nacelles and even then if you look at it the wrong way it falls on the tail. Just for laughs I would love to see one built straight out of the box.

The cockpit glass is just terrible !!! I managed to cut out the canopy with a razor blade. I gotta get or build some sort of vacu form device. Any ways here are a few recent pictures. Pretty much all is left is to scratch up an engine and a bit more filler and sanding and then paint.
100_1969.jpg

100_1967.jpg

100_1964.jpg

Looks good to me. Regarding the transparent parts, you don't neccessarily need a vacuum frame, canopies and other parts, including non-transparent, can be made by heat forming. See my Mosquito thread, where the process is shown.

Looks good to me. Regarding the transparent parts, you don't neccessarily need a vacuum frame, canopies and other parts, including non-transparent, can be made by heat forming. See my Mosquito thread, where the process is shown.

Could you show me the link to your Mosquito build ? I would like to see how you did it. I have tried in the past with a hairdryer but never had any satisfactory results. I can't find a link to it but them I'm probably not looking in the right place. Thanks !

Brilliant !!! I've tried doing something similar with a hair dryer and all I did was end up with a bunch of clear plastic potato chips and blown brain cells.

Thanks for putting up the link David - I must figure out how to do that, even though I've been told!
Glad the demo will be of use. It's not too difficult, the important thing being to get the shape of the male mould correct, with a good, smooth finish, and allowing for the thickness off material being moulded. Expect to have a few attempts, although it's not unknown to get a perfect moulding first time.

Ok so some engine work went down this weekend. Got the engine scratched up and repaired a bunch of tin on a friends car he's restoring, Ignored the super bowl....football ? that;s not foot ball when I played it was called rugby !
100_1980.jpg

100_1981.jpg

100_1982.jpg

100_1983.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back