Frog Me 262 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I think I'm done, this weekend If all pans out me thinks I'll be doing some airbrush work, here's hoping.
100_1986.jpg

100_1985.jpg

100_1984.jpg

At this point I would give it an overall coat of RLM76 as a "primer" to see if you are happy with your progress, if all is well then the first colour is in fact done!

I will try that ! I'm not sure about the upper surface, the box says to use RLM7071 for the splinter but I doesn't look right.

Back in the day, every model maker had every German plane painted 70/71. What scheme are you going for as there are several possible colour combinations?

I havn't decided which version I'm going to do yet. The box calls for the underside to be RLM65 and the one decent hobby store around here didn't have it. All I have is RLM78 which is pretty close, I may try tinting it with some grey and see what happens. There's no decent hobby stores around for modelling any more. Most of them cater to RC stuff now.

box.jpg

Last edited:
78 is the underside colour for desert birds and will be too blue. Lighten with white and light gray like you say and it should work.

If you're going to pick one of those two schemes on the box, you're kind of already commited. The one on the right is a Jabo of KG51 and it would have dispensed with two of the cannons in the nose. You've taken pains to put all 4 in already. The one on the left is Yellow 8, W.Nr. 112385 of JG7. The yellow band on the fuselage is bogus - should be a blue and red band. It was finished in an overall 81/82 scheme on the uppers (brownish green and medium green respectively).

Here's a better profile:

Attachments

• me262a1atd_1.jpg
    me262a1atd_1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I really appreciate that guys ! All the searching I did on the net the back of the box just looks wrong and I never did see a yellow stripe. I guess I'm going with yellow 8, hopefully the 30 year old decal sheet is still useable !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back