Galland, Hartmann and others, figures kits.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Just noticed some new stock on the Model Hobbies web site.
Fine Moulds have released (re-released ? )some 1/32nd scale figures kits, each featuring separate arms, bodies etc, with the range so far being:-

Adolph Galland
Eric Hartmann
Douglas Bader
Richard Bong
Saburo Sakai

These retail (in the UK) at £4.01 each which, although perhaps a tad high for a single figure, is not bad value overall, particularly if you want to grace a model of your favourite 'ace's' aircraft with an accurate representation of the pilot concerned. Mouldings appear to be clean and well detailed, with the finished result of course being down to the skill of the modeller.
The 'Galland' figure appears to be in fliegerbluse, with peaked cap and high boots, Hartmann in flying trousers and leather jacket, and Bader in his distinctive 'Sidcot' suit. I'm afraid I couldn't quite distinguish the 'attire' of the other two figures.
I have the feeling a certain Danish lady might be ordering a particular figure ......

Yes Terry they may be a tad pricey but going by fine mould other stuff i think they will be excellent quality.BB

I prolly would order one or two of those if the figure is of a decent quality; I'm very picky about the details and accuracy of such figures, as I think that most - if not all - simply look hopeless/ridiculus/stupid.
Link, bitte? ;)

Edit: Found the web shop. Poking nose around...

Edit 2: Bought the Galland figure...am quite nervous to find out whether or not I did things right, as it is the first time ever that I've bought anything online with my credit card! This might end up getting dangerous! :rofl:

Btw, thanks for the heads up, Terry. ;)

Last edited:
No probs Maria. If you've ordered from Model Hobbies, you shouldn't have any problems, but, if there are, let me know and i'll sort something.
BTW, I nearly sent one (Galland of course) as a Christmas prezzy!

Aww Terry, you...*huge hug* Thanks. ;)

Anyway, I received this mail yesterday:

Model Hobbies
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: *****
Detailed Invoice: (url)
Date Ordered: Thursday 14 October, 2010

The comments for your order are

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Despatched. Thanks for the order

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

--------------

So it seems like the wee figure is heading in my direction - I'll post some macro photos as soon as I get it, so you guys can see the details, if you're interested.

Thanks Maria. I'm interested to see what they're like, as I have an idea for using one or two of the Hartmann figures, suitably 'modified', for 'set dressing' with some '109s.

:rofl: @ the cigars idea... ;)
I think you might need to hurry up and order those Hartmann figure kits, Terry - I can't find any Galland Fine Molds figures on the page anymore...guess I was lucky. :thumbleft:

Update. :D

08.jpg

Got yanked out of bed at boo o'clock this morning. The mailman gave me a broad smile when I opened the door in my pajama, morning hair and sleepy eyes. :lol:

10.jpg

The Galland figure set.

11.jpg

Nice details.

13.jpg

...a 1/32 cigar. :lol:

17.jpg

And the painting instructions.

Last edited:
Thanks Maria. I'm interested to see what they're like, as I have an idea for using one or two of the Hartmann figures, suitably 'modified', for 'set dressing' with some '109s.

Great idea Terry, you could have one Hartmann figure in the "action pose" of submitting dubious claims for Soviet aircraft shot down. Imagine how life-like that would be!

Last edited:
He He ! Nice one! Won't be used a Hartmann though, but as Schnabel and Wubke, and possibly Tiedmann - just need the basic figure, to modify as required.

I am hoping someone could help me with a paint question on a Hartmann late war 109 question. I am trying to paint the mottle on a yellow 1, G-14 and cannot tell what the mottle colors are supposed to be on fuselage side. All of my guides indicate the same colors as the splinter pattern top of violet grey and dark gray. Is it both of these over Lichtblau or is one and not the other? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back