Gary Dean (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
So I'm shooting the ILS at Fort Collins Co today and as I hit the outer marker traffic in front of me calls base to final. "Fortress, one mile final.' How cool is that, a B-17 is landing in front of me! As I hit my MDA to go missed, I take the foggles off and there's a B-24 waiting to take off. I call to the B-24 "Gary Dean, are you in there"? Some one reply's "Yep, Gary's here." Gary, was that you?!?!?

Contacted Gary, he wasn't in the aircraft, but seeing those aircraft were pretty cool! If I wasn't doing instrument currency I would have gotten the camera out.

It want me this time :( . The other Gary is Gary Dunn...and he also sports a kinda beard. He's the full time Mech on the Tour and is the Crew Chief for the '24.

We have a real hoot when on the Tour and some-one says, go get / speak to /etc etc to Gary D...and we both rise to the occasion... Confuses the hell outa the public :)

I'm back out on the Tour first three weeks in Sept, so you guys get yer R'se in gear and come and say hi !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back