GB 14 - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, Ok, you can take a breath now! Not doing the Spit 22, but I am doing the Tornado - see new thread elsewhere.

4f5568b9000979d64a02afc8

No exploding Aaron. After GB12, I have decided to pace my heart with just one entry, as in GB13.
With one it can be put aside and details can be taken at a more moderate pace.....
I'm enjoying the build more Not doing FOUR again.................. I think I did explode.

Good stuff Wayne!

Latest considerations here... Comparison build of Airfix and Jay's (ex-Ventura) 1:72 Spit PR.XIX, Zvezda Mi-24V 'Hind E' (if I can confirm the -P is still in active service).

This is my earlier progress on the Jay's (ex-Ventura) Spit PR.XIX. All parts off sprues, and fueslage and wings shown here with thick mould veins removed and in process of smoothing and thinning. Would this qualify for a Spitty GB entry?

STA52833.JPG

New Zealand injection moulded quality my friend! :lol:

Despite the brutal look of the mouldings, the exterior is much better; the recessed panel lines some of the finest I've ever seen...

:lol:

Here's the rest of the kit. Though obviously not to today's 'Tamigawa' standard, this was the only PR.XIX available for a long time, I think a conversion of the old Airfix/ Heller Spitfire Mk.I (judging by the instrument panel and wing root curve)
Still quite good for a low budget 'cottage industry' effort I think... and I have their Mk.VIII too, also the first of it's kind.

STA52821.JPG

STA52823.JPG

STA52835.JPG

STA52836.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back