GB 14 - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Problem is................................... I have to wait 5 days to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the?

If this is not well understood but it is shipped or aircraft or series of spit, if so I have a perfect seaknight Marines that I have wanted to put hand and spit MK viii of Operation Husky in Sicily I will start when I finish the Vultee that is already almost over, if not so correct me please

I understand it to be any mark of Spitfire Sergio, which would include Seafires aswell IMO.... maybe the judges can clarify?

(The Sea Knight sounds good too btw)

thanks andy.
evan sea knight is a very good aspect model but we'll see as she rides is an unknown brand to me and not know who this is.
good as you can not not be shipped Spitfires (seafire), will watch one that has to do around here, and makes the spit in start to finish

What gets me,
is how innacurate and incomplete some kits really are. Why would it be worth producing some of these kits. Kids kits at adult prices. No matter how many reviews one reads, you just put your faith in the mfr to give a good product. Then after you get the one you choose, bam, there is a better and more complete kit available.

ie, Italeri HH-60H. The seats are such a loss. I will have to scratch build at least three for the back wall, as well as most of the interior. I will build ammo cases, this I don't mind, for the guns at door and windows, not to mention the guns!! Now this will be a stretch. Hellfire missiles the same as no aftermarket resin ones are available. I just wish if they provide open doors, and windows that the correct number of seats would be provided at the very least.

But at 1/48th scale, it's BIG!

Andy, the old Hobbycraft Spit Mk XIV isn't too bad. Needs a bit of work here and there, including a new canopy, and is a bit sparse on detail, but can be made into a nice model.

Well well i stopped at the LHS and picked up a F-14A but they where retired in 2006 so back to the LHS and see about the EA-6B prowler or F-15E or who knows.

Going to enter this GB with a rubber powered, balsa/tissue Mk-Vb Spitfire. However, I'm going to mother-fy it by scratch building floats for it. Yessir.... a Mk-Vb Spitfire Floatplane ! Woot, Woot !!! My problem, I think, is going to be a correct camo paint scheme for the era. I don't anticipate any problems with scratch building floats, I think the pylons will be a bummer, tho.

Charles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back