GB 14 - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hm - don't know if it would, as it's not exactly 'modern'. As I understand it, the build is for aircraft types currently in service in your home country - which means I'll be stretching it a bit with a RAF Tornado F3, as they were retired late last year, in favour of the Eurofighter Typhoon II.

Shouldn't worry about that too much Terry, our Sea Kings were also given the unexpected chop by the government on 12 Dec last and I got this kit and all the extras especially for this build. So I'm going with it.

Thats great news, though I wanted to do a Se King as well........might be intersting to compare the efforts of a consumate professional versus a bumbling beginner...... Mine is the airfix 1/72 incidentally Vic...

My kit is the Hasegawa 1/48 scale HAS 3H Mike, so I've a lot of mods to do on it to turn it into a Mk.50.

Perhaps we should do three versions of this whirly bird!
I can do my Has 1/48th HS-4, SH-3A as one I crewed in the 60's, before Nam.
Yah think?

I know the photo has HS-3 on it, but ours was the same color scheme before the sea grey and white. These were the first issue of the sea king. You can't believe how many pilots and crew were lost in our training squadron from night accidents at sea.

Attachments

• post1 SH-3.jpg
    post1 SH-3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 67
I'm not sure if it was ever clarified as current modern, certainly can't find anything so depending on the others, a EE Lightning could be the go!!

Shouldn't worry about that too much Terry, our Sea Kings were also given the unexpected chop by the government on 12 Dec last and I got this kit and all the extras especially for this build. So I'm going with it.

My kit is the Hasegawa 1/48 scale HAS 3H Mike, so I've a lot of mods to do on it to turn it into a Mk.50.

Mine is the 1/72 Airfix....not sure which subtype. has a pretty good interior, but i might go for an aftermarket PE cockpit. I already have the RAN decal set by novascale, so would like to do this build.

It might also be cool to do the sea hawks that are still in service

I just might give a GB another go provided RL sh*t doesn't interfere with hobby activities as it does now :( . A Spitfire is tempting, but a spitty is also a bit of a 'been there done that' thing ATM fo me. On the other hand Modern home-country aviation just might be the excuse I need to at least get started on a Kinetic 1/48 F-16AM block 15 MLU...possibly in a very tasty scheme ;)

Last edited:
Okay guys i could do a A-10 thunderbolt or a Harrier or a f-35 what would you all like to see i havent built any modern aircraft so this would be new to me.

I'd go the A-10 Jerry, it's always been a hit with me, what kit do you have. You could also do the F-35, I've one of these kicking round in the stack somewhere (Panda 1/48 scale) and you guys have them flying over there, where as we do not as yet, though were paying through the nose for it's development.

I'll most likely do a Spitfire Mk.Vb not sure if ill add anything else since I need to finish my previous GB entries :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back