GB 14 - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No exploding Aaron. After GB12, I have decided to pace my heart with just one entry, as in GB13.
With one it can be put aside and details can be taken at a more moderate pace.....
I'm enjoying the build more Not doing FOUR again.................. I think I did explode.

Good stuff Wayne!

Latest considerations here... Comparison build of Airfix and Jay's (ex-Ventura) 1:72 Spit PR.XIX, Zvezda Mi-24V 'Hind E' (if I can confirm the -P is still in active service).

This is my earlier progress on the Jay's (ex-Ventura) Spit PR.XIX. All parts off sprues, and fueslage and wings shown here with thick mould veins removed and in process of smoothing and thinning. Would this qualify for a Spitty GB entry?

New Zealand injection moulded quality my friend!

Despite the brutal look of the mouldings, the exterior is much better; the recessed panel lines some of the finest I've ever seen...

Here's the rest of the kit. Though obviously not to today's 'Tamigawa' standard, this was the only PR.XIX available for a long time, I think a conversion of the old Airfix/ Heller Spitfire Mk.I (judging by the instrument panel and wing root curve)
Still quite good for a low budget 'cottage industry' effort I think... and I have their Mk.VIII too, also the first of it's kind.

Users who are viewing this thread